$10,000 Game Competition

I was thinking if we could do a competition that goes on for 5 months and everyone gets to sign up for it on a google doc or something, and we can make a game, then post it, and whoever gets the most plays, he/she will get $10,000. 2nd gets $8,000, 3rd gets $5,000, 4th gets $3,000, and 5th gets $1,000. We can start it in probably on the first day of summer. Only if the creator allows it. It would be nice.

3 Likes

highly doubt grazer would do this but plus theres too much favoritism in the community even the flowjams are pretty much rigged because of suckups and bots

3 Likes

Would need the games to be ranked, not based on plays which can easily be rigged.

2 Likes

my opinion from past experiences

2 Likes

oh ok i agree with this flowjam should be like this but its not and i hate it

3 Likes

The flowjam is based on ranks, not plays. It takes the average score and uses that to see who ranked the highest. And while some people might have lean towards specific creators that they like the games of/look up to, I think the jams are otherwise balanced.

2 Likes

yeah but its based from the community witch can still be botted

2 Likes

Aw man, then what do you win? Nothing?

1 Like

Btw, I have a Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGb0Ut4-aawQYjW2YycKHyw

1 Like

A $10,000 dollar jam would be very hard for the community to put together and given that the current jam has a prize worth $400 I don’t think grazer could fund a jam of this expense.

Also (TheHeadlessHorsemen), the ratings are based on the community, but you need to upload a game to vote and you can’t vote for your own game. Technically you could make several different accounts and enter, but the system could check if it’s the same computer entering the competition.

2 Likes

Do you think there might be a chance of this?

Never, Grazer needs money and shouldn’t waste it for some 10000 dollar jam

3 Likes

It’s more convincing for other people to join it.

And we should do it at least once, right?

And I’ve never joined one, how does it work? I’m in fourth grade only but my games have about 100-200 plays.

1 Like

We should reach out to him, seriously!

A prize that big isn’t really deserving for such a small community, a Nintendo Switch or an Xbox seem like fair prizes. Other jams like GMTK which get thousands of people to join don’t even have that much of a prize. If there was a prize that big most of the good people on flowlab would enter and only ~5 people would even have a chance of winning.

1 Like

the only people who can vote on games in flowjam are the people who have also submitted games. bot submissions are removed before the voting can begin, meaning there are no bots rigging the competition

3 Likes

dont forget the suckups

1 Like

Most people on flowlab are honest people that aren’t suckups. If they like a specific type of game then sure rate it the highest if you like it the most, even if it isn’t the best.

1 Like