$10,000 Game Competition

True, but he can collab with Mr. Beast, Mark Rober, or Elon Musk or either start a…I forgot it but it’s an online thing for raising money.

2 Likes

For a small community such as flowlab I can’t see this really being possible. Mostly because Grazer does flowjam which aren’t as big as prizes, but it gets the community together to make decent games to help fill the library a bit more. But something as large as 10k would be for like a super large community like itch or something.

Cause only the same 30-40 users would join and the flowlab community itself wouldn’t benefit much from it since it would be cutthroat competition with such a large sum of money. People would be teaming and making large games and then split the prize money, so many single indie devs would literally be forgotten or completely ignored over since they couldn’t make nearly a good game compared to what five people could.

Also I feel it would complete shatter the community once the results hit with a lot of users hating others. I know some people are pretty disappointed just over the flowjam, but a $10k being on the line, I can’t even imagine.

I mean it’s not a bad idea, but I feel that flowlab would need a community of up to a few hundred to thousand active participants for something that large of an event.

4 Likes

That kinda of money could advertise anywhere and hire a team, this is very unrealistic.

The consoles alone help reach a lot of activity though on the site and reach to new members.

5 Likes

@JR01 But what if we got more people to join and do the payment and stuff, that would give grazer a ton more money. Did you think of that?

1 Like

You do know Grazer is full time working on Flowlab and all the money Flowlab makes pays for the servers, his bills, taxes, and the current prizes.

There isn’t 10k that can just be thrown around

5 Likes

I don’t think you understand how collaborating with people works. People aren’t just going to collaborate with some random company they’ve never heard of without being paid.

4 Likes

@TheHeadlessHorsemen the only people who can vote on flowjam games are the ones who participated, being a “suckup” would be pointless. The only ones who’ve won the flowjam earned it

4 Likes

I have to highly disagree, ive seen some really good games that just get ingored and its kind of a shame, I wish @grazer would just hire some people to grade the games fairly

2 Likes

I’ve gone through a lot of trouble and work to build a scoring system that is as fair as I can make it @TheHeadlessHorsemen.

I have some great news for you though: Anyone can make a game Jam. In fact, you can make one today, right now, and use whatever scoring mechanism you think is fair.

6 Likes

Yeah but it’s not like anyone would join it

1 Like

I would

I see, well I might just have to start one

1 Like

Wow, congratulations!

1 Like

Why am I laughing so hard to this lol

1 Like

he’s just a fourth grader he’ll probably grow up to be a very good coder yes I also think it’s ironic that he wants to up the prize to 10000 when he hasn’t even competed in one and when his plays aren’t really flowjam winning but we’ll just have to wait and see!

3 Likes

thx @hello_says_hello

2 Likes

I don’t think that what he said was a good thing, unless you’re using unnoticeable sarcasm.

1 Like

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! it was kind of a good thing

1 Like

that’s what I was doing

whoops sorry