1st tutorial part 10 - Jump function is broken

By adding logic to prevent flight, I am now unable jump at all. Is there somewhere to send the files so you can look it over and walk me through a fix?

2 Likes

Hey @TPA_01 can you copy and paste the game pls

The easiest method would be if you could send the game link here or take a screenshot of the code

1 Like

Heres an example game @TPA_01

How do I copy-past the game? This is not a programming language but the flowlab interface. Draging and connecting boxes. I don’t know how to find the actual files.

1 Like

The link at the top of the page, you can copy and paste that here like any other URL
Like this
https://community.flowlab.io/t/1st-tutorial-part-10-jump-function-is-broken/38685/6

1 Like

Screenshot 2022-12-16 191508

and this : )

Flowlab - New Game

1 Like

You currently have the collision set to “Player”, but the player can’t have collisions with itself. (It can have collisions with objects of the same type, just not itself)
This would need to be switched to a ground object

2 Likes

Or you can set it to any : )

Resolved. Changed collision from ‘player’ to ‘any type’ and made the impulse value 16. Attempting to use ‘ground’ in the collision field did nothing. And the level was made around the fly issue, so I’ll have to change it.

Thank you everyone, I expected to have to wait days, this was fast.

1 Like

This is because it must have been implemented wrong, otherwise, it will work.

And yeah, normally people will be able to respond relatively quickly. If you have any more problems feel free to @CodeAlpaca and I’ll see what I can do.

1 Like

Thank you CodeAlpaca, both for the game help and replying so quickly. I hope you and all the other flowlab members make wonderful games. About the website though, are all games free for the public to play? Or are we able to sell a copy to anyone interested?

1 Like

So all games on Flowlab are free and public. If you have Indie you can Unlist games so no one can view or play the game, or you can make it invite only (meaning you must give someone a share link to play the game). If you have Indie you are also able to export games to the app store (There are more rules here that I do not know of, I’ll try to find a topic that talks about it)

Ok, thank you CodeAlpaca.

1 Like

Here’s a little more about it. If you have anymore questions relating to this JR should know more.

1 Like