-2 + 1 is not -21

The Value of A is -2, and I’m just doing “-2+1” but the output is -21 for some reason. I changed it to “-2+7” and the output was -27. I also removed the +(some number), and the output was just -2.

@grazer, this is a massive bug

4 Likes

Also, if A was 0 the output would be 1 (which is correct)

1 Like

Isn’t -2 + 1 = -1?

3 Likes

it is. But the expression is outputting -21

1 Like

It’s doing the classic
1 + 1 = 11
Trick. That is really bad.

1 Like

I’m guessing what happened was that the timer used a prior number in the list, not the -2.

if a timer is activated while its previous timer is still going on then it won’t start again. I’m thinking that a the -21 is the result of a previous equation the -2 equation never got the “eval” input

3 Likes

The timer only went off once, and even if I increase the time it outputs the same number. If all the negative values in the list are combined it only equals -15

2 Likes

Try adding a space between the -2 and the plus sign, I’ve had issues with flowlab thinking that the negative sign is subtraction (for example 2±2 has to be 2+ -2)

2 Likes

It’s still outputing 21

That is very weird

1 Like

It appears to be treating the “-2” as Text instead of a Number, judging by that screenshot. If you add a ToNumber block before the Expression “A” input, does that resolve it?

2 Likes

It seems like that should resolve it, but it doesn’t. I still outputs -21

I also added a Number behavior to try and turn it into a number, but it didn’t work. Do you want a link to the game to figure out why it’s doing this?

If I change + to - it makes it -3 like normal

Putting it into another expression doesn’t fix, it just outputs -23 (Ik that this is supposed to equal -3, not -1 which is the number I want, but I have it like that to show that it’s not working)

Yeah, unless I can see it running I can only make guesses about what may be going on here

1 Like