A flowlab feature idea

what if there was a checkbox in the game menu to open up a game for public cloning? I think it could work really well for complex examples or modding type stuff. kind of an efficiency thing so that you could start building a game off of an example without having to copy all the code and object properties over correctly.
I’m thinking it could be just like the normal game cloning system, with the “project originally cloned” and all.

idk if this is a good idea or not, tell me what you think.

8 Likes

I was just thinking about this! I think it would be a great idea and I would definitely use it

6 Likes

Would be an interesting thing to have. Cloning was possible for other people’s games before, but Grazer said he disabled that because of storage problems I think, so maybe it would be fine if there was some sort of limit.

6 Likes

Yea that would be peetty cool because there are a lot of people who have game ideas but dont undersatnd the code which by anymeans should not be the reason you clone the game but you understand what im saying there are a lot of good games that you could clone and then change and alter to your liking technicaly their code and stuff but you added your touch

3 Likes

Yeah, I think this is a great idea - I even added it (that was the original purpose of the “clone” button, and it was called “fork”).

The problem is, giving free users that are trying things out the ability to create potentially massive games with one click isn’t a great for the server storage costs :frowning:

8 Likes

A paid subscription only thing???

Idk maybe???

6 Likes

I think this should be a think but at least make an allow for copying button on our games so we can choose weather people can copy our games orn not

3 Likes

That’s exactly what the person requested actually :P

3 Likes

Oh oops I guess I read it too fast lol

4 Likes

I agree, it should at least be an indie feature

4 Likes

Great idea! I fully support this.

even added it as in? its in flowlab? or as in its on the list? or as in it was a feature?
@grazer

1 Like

It used to be a feature. This is how the “clone” button worked originally - I had to remove it because it was filling up the server with huge abandoned games.

2 Likes

oh makes sense i guess but you should bring it back just make it a option for your gamed to be cloned or give everyone a 1 or 2 clone limit and theyed have to delete the game to clone a different one

1 Like