A text option for routers

It would be convenient for there to be an option to have the router accept text as its input

4 Likes

:sparkles: text to number :sparkles:

1 Like

you can’t convert it back to a text value though (if it’s not a number)

1 Like

give me an example

The example that made me think of it:
I needed 3 different Labels for my quest menu. These Labels keep track of the progress, so I have a full text value that I want to directly input into the Label. I have 3 different quests on one page, and they have a starting value which determines where they are on the page. Here I use a router to decide which label it will send the text to. I had to make bundles for each one to get the text working. In my project it was a minor inconvenience, but for a larger project that wanted to use, say, 32 different routes of a router it would be a lot more convenient.

2 Likes

So, I don’t know how feasible it would be in flowlab, but would it be possible to implement a sort of A1Z26 system? Like, turn each character into its corresponding number in the alphabet from 1-26, send it through the router, and then once it gets where it needs to be it could turn each number back into its corresponding character? I don’t know. It could be more hassle than it’s worth to get it working, but it was just an idea

2 Likes

That’s definitely possible, but it depends on how many routes you use if it’s worth the time lol

1 Like

Here, I was curious if it would work, so I made an example

You can use it if it makes things easier, but you don’t have to

Edit: You’ve GOT to be kidding me! Apparently nothing I did saved :frowning: Guess I’m gonna remake it now, lol

1 Like

Ok, I fixed it. It works now. Let me know if you have any questions about it!

1 Like