A way to make proximity smaller?

Hi, is there a way to make a proximity smaller than what it is with expressions?

Smart People

@CodeAlpaca @Galactian

4 Likes

Proximity is able to go to 4 pixels (4 or 8, I don’t remember). If you click on it you can adjust the size or the shape (circle or square).

There would be no difference really between that and the distance equation with such a small proximity

2 Likes

just use distance formula and check if it’s less than or equal to 4 (or your designated distance)

this will use the center of the object though

1 Like

Hi, is there a way to make a proximity smaller than what it is with expressions?

1 Like

You would need to use the Distance equation “Math.sqrt(Math.abs(A * A) + Math.abs(B * B))”
You can also use Math.pow(A, 2) instead of A*A

1 Like

Is there any specific reasons anyone needs a prox set to less than 4?
I mean sure, Distance can work but why not use prox?

On the other hand, I honestly think it would be a good feature request to allow proximities to be 1 pixel wide. I can see more uses for pixel/coordinate checks when offsets get added.

4 Likes

it’s actually Math.sqrt(Math.pow(A,2) - Math.pow(B,2))
absolute value isn’t needed for numbers being squared. any real number times itself equals a positive number

also you need to subtract them

I already said that. Also, I copy and pasted a previous post from you for that equation. I didn’t completely remember the equation off-hand so I found your post.

Maybe you should *go to the prox settings anf shorten the distance of the prox using the value.

OK I FIGURED IT OUT NOW

And by the way i’m getting to learn more the behaviour blocks!

PLEASE SORT TOPICS BY LATEST. THIS WAS 9 MONTHS AGO