Agent's Minecraft Mechanics Example

Spawned!? You just attach it with a display value lower than the ground for example if the ground is 2 then the outline is 1

2 Likes

What he said again, it’s just attached, don’t overcomplicate mechanics

1 Like

Improved the way the “vision” works so you can normally break more blocks, but I still need to improve it further

Also made it so holding S (down key) makes you not fall off of blocks, like in minecraft

2 Likes

Added looping, if you walk to the side of the world you’ll loop around, it’s very small right now but later I’ll have bigger “planets”

Also added semi-solid blocks, meaning you can walk on them but also drop though them and walk through them

3 Likes

Added background blocks that you can also break like regular blocks, they’re only going to be for decoration and I’ll have some other way to place them

2 Likes

Made some improvements and redid all the behaviors for the basic breaking and selecting blocks

I’m going to redo the world looping next to try and make the performance a lot better because it was increasingly laggy with bigger world sizes

2 Likes

Done, world looping is now working again and better than ever

3 Likes

Super cool! The looping mechanic works very well.

A sprinting feature may make the example more like the original game.

So I noticed that the sand blocks interact with the player before landing, since in Minecraft they don’t have collision while falling, do you plan to change that?

Not very important just thought it would be something interesting

2 Likes

I’m working on my flowjam game right now, but maybe afterwards. I could make a special condition for it

2 Likes

Oh oops forgot there was a flow jam lol

1 Like