-Never mind, there's no point

Would this improve sprite-drawing on Flolwab?

I’ve been working on a lot of art lately (Yes, I use this website for Pixel-Art), and I’ve found that it would be really useful to have a way to make a certain area of the sprite alpha.

Another button over here.

Or layers, that would fix everything.

What do you think?: Would this be useful?
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters

Please consider this!

Thank you!
-Ember.Y

I thought it was like you could change the alpha of a pixel in the custom color choosing thing.

1 Like

Yeah, you can but it seems like he’s asking for a more easily accessible button/slider?

3 Likes

Say you’re making an 18860 drawing (3x6) and you want to add a transparent layer. You make an animation frame for this, but then you can’t make the animation frame alpha. Then you’d have to go and make EVERY single 18860 pixels alpha before pasting it on top of the original drawing. It would be much easier to have an alpha slider for the pixel-select tool, that way the player doesn’t have to manually make every pixel a certain percent alpha.

I keep misunderstanding what you’re saying. This is my 3rd time rewriting this post. Are you saying
if you have a drawing and then you want to add a layer of something transparent but then you draw it on a frame but realize you have to copy and paste it on every frame? What would an alpha slider have to do with this? Plus like I said we already have an alpha slider.
And once you choose that alpha you could use fill tool to fill the stuff in, so I don’t really understand.

1 Like

I literally just figured that out.
Still, it’d be nice to have a way to edit the alpha of a large area. Ok, whatever.

1 Like

Yeah I think grazer should add that other fill tool other pixel art things use, it basically switches EVERY color in an animation/sprite to whatever other color you chose. When means I can replace red with blue without having to click on the parts that aren’t close enough to be filled together

Nost of the time, that’s done by double-clicking.

I meant like this:

If we ever had the fill tool that I really would like to have, if I filled the grey line with blue everything else of the same color would have the same blue too. I don’t know how that’s done by double clicking, but ok.

Ooh, I don’t think I’ve ever seen that tool on any art platforms.

1 Like

Yeah I use it in Piskel and Blockbench

1 Like

That would explain why I’ve never seen the tool. I only ever use Gimp, Pixilart, Paint, or Flowlab.

1 Like

You should really use Piskel! It’s really nice! There are layers and stuff and when you make an animation in it you could save each frame as a PNG instead of having to dig it out of it’s GIF file. I use Piskel all the time, well only for art. But games like Tread used Piskel for art and it’s art looked really good!

1 Like

The only time I’ve used Piskel is when it was linked to Minecraft Nova Skins.

1 Like

It was? Never knew that. Anyway we should continue conversation in the OTC.

1 Like

layering would still be really nice to have!

3 Likes