An Annual Free User Flowjam!

I said you can’t have multiplayer, but you can still make a game that two people next to each other can play

2 Likes

Honestly multiplayer sucks at the moment, but I know that’s not grazer’s fault :slight_smile:

4 Likes

One thing to keep in mind is that for a game jam like Flowjam, the biggest problem people run into is trying to make their game too large to complete successfully in the time frame. Having fewer objects and levels available is probably an advantage in that regard.

6 Likes

Ya know, That is true… you kinda already have a small starting point

1 Like

What? I’m honestly sorry you felt that way. I never meant to exclude you as grazer explained.
One interesting thing is that we (community) could make a video for Flowjam (not for the homepage, so we can show all the games, even if they have blood) showcasing the entries games and/or us playing them.
Would that be cool?

Maybe we could even invite some devs to talk about their games (also giving them a platform), would be nice to listen about the process or the vision they had. Or maybe I’m getting too ambitious, but what do you guys think?

10 Likes

It’s not about the resources, @Lordkhalton, it’s about the idea behind them. I should know, because I had creativity block and come up with unoriginal games for both my jams.

If you don’t have the skill (which is directly related to time spent), you won’t succeed. I know nothing of your skill level, but I know that if you have a simple idea done well, it will always beat a complex idea done poorly.
Think on that, prepare accordingly, and most of all, make smart decisions.

3 Likes

Sounds fun, hope it gets delayed until my next game gets out lol, it’s going to be a big hit. (unless super ballers gets included somehow)

2 Likes

This sounds like a fantastic idea!

2 Likes

Those ideas sound really interesting

1 Like

I guess your right, With these things when it comes to making all games in my case. Flowlab, unity, Unreal engine, and all i dont put as much time as i should it the projects which then become lost dreams, but its always nice to not only be the developer but aswell let off steam and be a player. which i tend to do after getting into coding struggles.

1 Like