Announcing the NEW Taile Gamougg 4 (Discontinued, go to the main one)

The first order of business was deleting Old Gamougg 4.

Yep. It’s totally gone now. I am unable to delete the failed copies of it that all GamougGaming members besides me have access to for some reason (@grazer, this is a game deletion error). The reason why I deleted it was so that there would be no confusion between the old and the new games. I wanted it to be so that whenever someone says “Taile Gamougg 4” they are talking about the newer game.

Also I think that following the plot of my short story may be hindering the gameplay somehow. Major story changes may ensue. I’ve been fooling around with the gameplay and I don’t seem to find it as fun or challenging as Gamougg 3 is now. While Gamougg 3 feels as similarly difficult as Devil May Cry or Punishing: Gray Raven (hence the meme below), Gamougg 4 feels as similarly casual as Genshin Impact. This could just be a personal thing though.

4 Likes

What happens when you attempt to delete the game copies? Does the button fail to work at all?

5 Likes

No, I’ve already deleted them and they no longer show up on my profile. On the rare occasion that my sister actually logs in to Flowlab, I get to see her My Games page for a bit, which is just my own games that are part of my dev team, GamougGaming. Before I deleted the original Gamougg 4 and its copies (the copies were originally deleted for technical reasons and all red sprites), they were part of the games I added to my dev team. For some reason, the original Gamougg 4 and its copies still are accessible and fully playable but I just can’t see them.

Another team member, @117JOJO also says that he can play the games that are supposed to be deleted. If I remember correctly, you mentioned at some point that deleted games are still on the Flowlab servers or something for a short while before they’re gone forever, which allows you to restore deleted games (just to be clear, I don’t want these ones restored). I just deleted the original today, so it should still exist somewhere on the servers. However, it has been several months since I deleted all the copies, yet they can still be played as proven by JoJo. And no, the button works properly as intended.

When JoJo gave me the link, I realized that I can play it too. It just won’t show up in my games list.

2 Likes

You are correct that deleted games are kept around for at least two weeks before deletion, and sometimes much longer. Any game that was deleted several months ago should for sure be gone by now though - do you have the link or id of one of these ghost games?

3 Likes

Yep. The copy is right here: Flowlab Game Creator - Copy of taile gamougg 4 (CANCELLED Version)

2 Likes

Interesting, thanks. I think the issue is that a game will only be deleted if it is untouched in the weeks previous to when the deletion process runs. This one looks like it is getting played occasionally, which has kept it alive (so far).

Maybe I’ll change the cleanup mechanism so that playing a game doesn’t keep it around.

I also just fixed the issue where team games can show up on team member’s pages even if they are deleted. Thanks for reporting!

3 Likes

Wow. Maybe less Gamougg fans are on the forums than I thought.

Poggers. You’re welcome!

2 Likes

Is this alt. costume too violent?

The theme of this Costume set is “Death” so I thought of making a Gia version of an old unused Gamougg 3 death animation sprite.

• mom come pick me up im scared (yes too violent)
  • bruh lol (no its not too violent)

0 voters

2 Likes

Minecraft be like:

3 Likes

These mfs now blush when you hit them

1 Like

Me too when ________ ____________

1 Like

:flushed:

Thanks to @117JOJO, all swords now have EPIC finishing moves! Stun enemies and grab electrolytes.

1 Like

I just added blackberries as a new food item! Maybe I should add some vegetables too…

3 Likes

Pro Gabrielfo with short hair. Cool or weird?

3 Likes

weird…but kind cool at the same time

2 Likes

Tell me who is this gamougg

2 Likes

Totally agreeable lol

Gamougg is a skeleton astronaut and explorer who goes on bizarre adventures across the universe because he’s bored and ends up becoming a hero.

2 Likes

I see well I hope your game gets finished I would like to play it :star_struck:

2 Likes

Thanks! You’re just in time; I might finish the beta today!

2 Likes

Ok and I going back to my game see ya! Can’t wait to see!
And also almost forget who won for the Gamougg Jam?

2 Likes