Another newbie question: how do I make a label moveable?

I appreciate it and thank you DinoDev, you probably did more :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Really wanted to give credit to both, the detailed step by step explanations help a lot though.

Now that I know how it works, maybe I can make some tutorials that dumb things down enough for people at my level to understand. :grin:

I still have to figure out globals and a bunch of other stuff laterā€¦

Going to need help for sure on making inventory menus! Hah! In case anyone has like 4 hours to kill to help me figure those outā€¦ :laughing:

But one step at a time.

2 Likes

I have all night bro :sunglasses:

Iā€™ll be on discord if you need me for inventory systems :joy:

2 Likes

No problem, anytime!

2 Likes

Inventory is something Iā€™m going to incorporate into my next game, that I havenā€™t even started yetā€¦ hopefully you will have free time again in a month or two? :grin:

1 Like

Iā€™ll always have free time lol

1 Like

Hopefully I always will too, but real life can be annoying sometimes. :grin:

And I always understand if others are too busy to help me at any given time. There have been many times where Iā€™ve been on here in the middle of the night, trying to figure out how to make something work and nobody else is awake. Thatā€™s when I start asking, ā€œwhy donā€™t we have more tutorial vids?ā€ Iā€™m perfectly content to teach myself how to do something, but when I have no instruction or suggestions at all, Iā€™m just randomly plugging in noodles to see what happens until I run into infinite logic loops, and realize that I have no idea what Iā€™m doing.

3 Likes

I may know a little bit about those, but not that much. Globals were used in Flowlab Kombat and taile gamougg: Samsung Smart Fridge Edition.

1 Like

Globals are used in every project of mine, just goes to show how useful they are.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll probably need to be learning how to use globals in the near future, especially for inventory menus (I think?) Iā€™ll let you know when I get to that point. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Youā€™ll need them for much more than inventory. Inventory is just a complex way to use themā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m learning things one at a time, on a need to know basis. I ā€œneededā€ to learn how to make text fade in and out and move for the game trailer Iā€™m working on, the rest I can probably finish with my already learned skill set (as itā€™s now about 99% drawing animations, practically everything else is done).

When I get back to my war game, Iā€™ll make sure all of my attacks and movement physics work properly (they should, Iā€™m pretty sure Iā€™ve got that part figured out). I donā€™t think Iā€™ll need to ask for help again until I start my top down role playing gameā€¦ that one is going to be complicated, for sure.

1 Like

you should learn globals firstā€“

especially with your war game, if you have missionsā€¦ globals will be useful.

1 Like

Ah, right, I probably will need to use globals in the war gameā€¦ I know Iā€™ll need them for sure in the full game, maybe not the demoā€¦

I stepped away from that one for a bit to work on a cinematic trailer instead, to keep myself from getting burned out on one project. So the only thing Iā€™m currently working on is drawing like 200 animation framesā€¦ :laughing: Which I know how to do on my own, but takes forever.

1 Like