ASTRONN - PixelPizza - It's back!

Thank you! Did you beat the game?

No, I kept losing quite quickly after about a minute.

Alright! The Demo has been closed. Thanks to everyone who played and to those that gave feedback! :blush:

For anyone that struggled, or couldn’t beat the boss, what if I told you you just played Easy mode
Compared to most bullet hell games, this was one of the easier ones, but assuming that Pizza will add more to it, I expect an Expert mode someday.

2 Likes

Quick Astronn update! Ship Icon

Since I closed the demo (9 days ago), I’ve been adding plenty of new stuff and addresing all the feedback that I got (from twitter, discord, and here).

Meanwhile, here’s a GIF showcasing the new random generated Nebula/Space background:
Nebula BG

I will keep this Discussion updated as I make more progress on the game :smiley:

5 Likes

@PixelPizza that looks super cool, did you create that pixel by pixel or you just drew it, either way it looks super cool. Astronn is gonna look super cool now. I wish I was as good as coming up with art like that, but then again, you probably had years of practice.

Thanks! :smiley:
What’s the difference from “pixel by pixel” and drawing it? I basically drew(pixel by pixel) the background with the stars, and for the nebula, I used some faded circles that pick a random size, alpha, etc.

And yes, a lot of practice! :+1:

Reminds me of that fog example I made a while back. Are you gonna randomize the stars too?

1 Like

hey @pixelpizza I’m interested to know how you made the player rotate around in that half-circle. I’ve never seen that done before.

The mighty Gods of Math helped him :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Mhx_Aîr Yeah, I recycled the code from “Tonight”, which recycled code from your example :slight_smile:
Edit: I’m not sure if I will randomize the stars, there are specific spots that I don’t stars on, but we’ll see.

@F3Art, yeah @TinkerSmith is right aha. It’s all math, you can check the code if you want.

2 Likes

If there are areas you don’t want stars to spawn, make and place kill barrier objects, so if a star spawns there, it auto-destroys. That’s how I did my Worms Tank game level generator. The sand pixels spawn literally everywhere, but the kill barriers instantly delete sand to create the level shapes.

1 Like

Yeah, or I could add extractors so they could delete themselves, or prevent the object spawner to pick those coordinates.
Either way, I think I’m just lazy, as I have so many big tasks on the to-do list ahah.

The health is low - The pressure is high.

VideoPreview

https://twitter.com/bySamuelTome/status/1306592640532529156

1 Like

Wow, just found this now, looks like I’m gonna have to try harder on my own Bullet Hell game

I will take that as a compliment ahah :smiley:

challege accepted pixlepizza also it would be better to start a devlog channle of sorts to attract more people to the game

Just finished most part of the Pause Menu (and the Hacker mode eh eh):

Hacker-Mode-Preview

https://twitter.com/bySamuelTome/status/1307335813420720128

Hacker mode is my debug tool :sweat_smile:

1 Like

HACKER MODE YEAH
A chance for slackers like me, with the reaction time of a sloth, to see the end :laughing:

Thank you oh mighty Bullet Master :bowing_man:

Ahaha, well Hacker Mode is only a debug tool, but I plan on adding difficulty and accessibility settings later! :smiley:
yay for accessibility!