Attacher Blocks Features

Hey @grazer could you add a possibility to make attached objects solid?

3 Likes

Can you explain why, I don’t see a reason to.

1 Like

It would help in melee attacks, in shields, in cutscenes and in global physics

1 Like

YESS im trying to make a shield in my game, he should add collisions to it.

1 Like

Collision on Collision be like

8 Likes

You can have objects with “enabled collisions” and not be solid.
You can also spawn/emit an object and make it always be on the same X and Y as the holder object.

5 Likes

Hey, thats awesome, never thought about it thank you!

1 Like

@PixelPizza Really, thanks, it’s working exaclty as a solid attacher, now melee attacks have been reinvented!

1 Like

i tried giving the objects collisions but it still didn’t work.

1 Like

Did you make sure to do this? (If you want the object to be visible, don’t make the alpha thing)

2 Likes

Other x and y are the coordinates of the object you want this sprite to stick on

1 Like

i cant use that, i hve to use the attached because more than one object is using the shied.

1 Like

You could maybe create many of those objects, same sprite, each has a player to get attached to

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure an attacher block does not have collisions

'not what he meant; the object being attached can have separate behaviours and link up to the object that says for it to attach in the first place.

Why cant he just add that its a good idea

1 Like

because it’s already a feature.

uh, no it’s not, attacher blocks arent solid, whatever the physics you use

Collision on top of collision breaks some parts of the physics of the object, and I’m pretty sure it’s why its not allowed by default. I find this often when I was creating Joint Boss Test, where the inside object couldn’t move from the outside object, or it tries to push itself out in which can be broken physics
(see the Gif I sent above).