August Silence - new updates coming soon!

I’ll start work on it after flowjam then :smiley:

3 Likes

A comic would be sweet!

2 Likes

Yes it is.

1 Like

Trying to come up with an art style for the comic

5 Likes

The art looks cool! I can barely draw a straight line but it looks great to me :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

plz go to my help list Plz give tips for my first game mainiac pumpkin

2 Likes

It’s probably not best to exactly post this on different discussion unless the discussion directly relates to an issue that you are having or need help on. Which your discussion you made should be good enough for people to notice since I also commented on it.
I’m not even the only one, I’m sure other people will still notice it if you need help with anything at all.

3 Likes

@JR01 tried this a while ago, causes a much worse problem :I now the gun ends up just dragging behind the mouse and being weird. I’ve done that before, but only on games where the camera never moves work for me.

2 Likes

I can take a look later, what controls the player and the guns flip?

3 Likes

the weapon is called “Aspark launcher”

1 Like

Yep, I see it now.
And now which camera objects do you use?
er what all objects have the camera behavior?

1 Like

for most of the game, it’s “camera” it’s a grey default block, second page in the library.

nothing else should have the camera behaviour other than camera2 and camera3 that I only spawn in for special circumstances

I’ve also had a problem where even though “background repeats” is off, the background still repeats :thinking:

1 Like

Alright, so try this:
On every camera behavior you use, have these 2 globals on these outputs.

Now back into “Aspark launcher”, change the mousemove to screen position and add these to globals with the mouse move.

1 Like

I think I must have done something wrong

The mouse move is still set to game coordinates

1 Like

whoops, missed that part

works great now, thanks! I’m going to use this in my newest game now as well.

1 Like

walkthrough/let’s play thing as requested :smiley:

5 Likes

The video is great! I didn’t realize how expansive this game is :slight_smile:

Do you think it makes sense to have a link to the walkthrough video in the game description?

The video link has a timestamp, so it doesn’t start at the beginning. Not sure if that’s intentional.

3 Likes

I’m glad you like the video! if you plan on trying the game again with the walkthrough, the walkthrough only covers the absolutely necessary rooms to beat the game. I’ve been working on hiding secrets in a lot of spots in the game recently, so they’re a few places to go off the main path, If anyone would like to go look for them :smiley: they’re not all done yet but I’ll post a progress update when they are.

and I think it would make sense to have it in the description, since a lot of people get stuck.

no, that isn’t intentional, I watched the video a bit before copying the link to make sure everything was right. didn’t know that added a timestamp, I’ll fix it!

3 Likes

This game gives me Hollow Knight vibes

3 Likes