August Silence - new updates coming soon!

I did, it took a little back and forth, but it was pretty good.

Bugs:

1. He looks back while walking if you dont move the mouse.
  2. The gun flips while your walking if you dont move your mouse.
    – These both can be solved by always outputting the mousemove position with number blocks.
  3. Numbers appear in the corner of the Save Rooms.
  4. You can touch any sides of the floating boxes to regain your Jump
  5. You can see where the fade stops behind all the doors.

Thoughts or suggestions I have:

1. There’s no way to avoid enemies when they pop out below you
    (maybe make it pop up in front instead).
  2. The wall is a safe spot against the enemy, making it too easy.
  3. The level with the falling platforms is very difficult, not sure if your meant to wall Jump since this is right after getting that power up. But I was able to get up eventually.
  4. From the gameplay, there are 2 completely unused rooms/levels, I’m sure they help the lore but I don’t get the story myself…
5 Likes

Thanks for the suggestions on the player looking back. Been trying to fix that for a while. Almost forgot that you can see the end of the fade and numbers in safe rooms since those are only visible in fullscreen. What unused rooms do you mean?

Also, regaining your jump from any side of a crate is intentional, it’s not a very elegant solution but otherwise that level is a huge difficulty spike.

2 Likes

The egg room and the planet surface

I dont think its really difficult to just jump from the top of the create, I did most of the game like that before I realize I could spam it for touching a box.

2 Likes

Oh ok, I forgot about the planet lol

2 Likes

@F3Art - after the Flowjam, you (or someone) should make a let’s play of this game :slight_smile:

I’ve tried to play it a bunch of times, but never really get very far - I’m probably just being dumb, but I can tell that there is a lot going on that I’m not getting to. I could probably cheat and look at the game logic too I guess…

5 Likes

I played the game! It was fun and really enjoyed the vides! I just have a few nitpicks and tips: The last level with the falling floor was very difficult for me (not that I’m complaining I enjoy a challenge, but I was somehow able to jump mid air and that was the only way I beat it). When I entered that room after acquiring the speed boots I couldn’t get up and saw the walls and figured I needed an upgrade. Then I found the wall jump. It was a very cool and useful upgrade but I only used it once - in the room - and never again, because it didn’t work on the arrow walls! I think either fixing those walls or allowing access to the upgrade earlier would make more sense. It definitely would have been useful earlier when fighting those walking enemies, Also I would love to learn more about the lore!

3 Likes

welcome to the community jblord!
the arrow walls are made for the purpose of not being able to wall jump on, but that final room doesn’t really need them there, so I think I’ll remove them. and allowing access to wall jump earlier is a pretty great idea!
it’s cool that you’re interested in the lore, because I’m thinking of making a prequel comic or something like that. is that a good idea?

5 Likes

Seeing this game, I think a comic would be awesome with it personally.

3 Likes

Sounds like a great idea actually!

2 Likes

I’ll start work on it after flowjam then :smiley:

3 Likes

A comic would be sweet!

2 Likes

Yes it is.

1 Like

Trying to come up with an art style for the comic

5 Likes

The art looks cool! I can barely draw a straight line but it looks great to me :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

plz go to my help list Plz give tips for my first game mainiac pumpkin

2 Likes

It’s probably not best to exactly post this on different discussion unless the discussion directly relates to an issue that you are having or need help on. Which your discussion you made should be good enough for people to notice since I also commented on it.
I’m not even the only one, I’m sure other people will still notice it if you need help with anything at all.

3 Likes

@JR01 tried this a while ago, causes a much worse problem :I now the gun ends up just dragging behind the mouse and being weird. I’ve done that before, but only on games where the camera never moves work for me.

2 Likes

I can take a look later, what controls the player and the guns flip?

3 Likes

the weapon is called “Aspark launcher”

1 Like

Yep, I see it now.
And now which camera objects do you use?
er what all objects have the camera behavior?

1 Like