Background Objects Reverting To 32x32

that was 4 days I couldn’t work on this because that bug.

oh, and did I mention this thing is still happening, sometimes I forget to change the name, then I loss everything! hurry! @grazer

@ToastMaster64 - is this still happening? I have not been able to reproduce it. Is there a special set of steps I need to follow?

@grazer his problem was if he would import an image larger than 32x32, when he reloaded the page it would turn into a 32x32 image. The solution was to give the object a name or give it properties.

Thanks for the extra details, but I cannot reproduce that issue either. I tried it like this:

1. Select BG layer
  2. Click grid, “Create”
  3. Edit sprite, upload new large image the size of game window
  4. Click OK
  5. Reload game, and the full size object still covers the background.

I guess it was fixed then.

Its not happening anymore, at least, I dont think so.

@grazer Ignore my last comment this is still happening.

Screenshot (81)

What I do is:
*Edit a sprite and make it above a 64x64
*click ok.
*Refresh, sprite converted into a 32x32 (not smaller, just like other sections were cut off)

Sometimes you have to keep doing it until it works or create a new object. It eventually worked for me.

@ToastMaster64 @grazer

The exact same thing has been happening to me and your the first other person to have brought it up, sometimes I could make it work would changing and waiting 5-10 minutes until refreshing, but even then only about 30% of the time it would actually work. This is glitch and very much needs to be fixed

I agree.

Ever since I started flowlab 2 years back, I have ran into the same problem countless times while making a big game. What I’ve realized is that the bigger the game, the more it happens.

I don’t know if this info helps, but its at least the cause of this I think.

@ToastMaster64 I’ve never encountered this bug, but I have encountered a bug where a background object is solid and the player can bump into it. I usually reload the page when such bugs occur, and they disappear when I do.

In any case, I don’t think any object, especially background objects, can go above 32x32 size, so that could be one reason for your problems. Maybe try creating different sections of the background you are trying to import. Sure, it won’t be considered one huge object, but nothing can get bigger than 32x32.

Screenshot (87)

@Superstargames you’ve been on this website for 2 years, and you haven’t discovered how to change a objects size?

Or, do you think were talking about blocks and not pixels, because 1 in game block is 32x32 Pixels?

Try this, enlarge it, hit play, open the editor again, go to a different level in the game, go back to the original level, hit play again, wait at least 15 minutes before opening the page again. If your having trouble with enlarging things try this, it worked for me as a way to get around the glitch.

@grazer
If you didn’t see my earlier post, enlarging objects in the background seriously bugs out the game, especially if its relatively large. Please please PLEASE look into this.

@ToastMaster64 I do know how to change an object’s size. From what I was understanding, I thought you were having an issue with downloading sprite arts that were more than 32x32 BLOCK (not pixels) size, that’s what I was trying to help you with.

Its the same glitch, either way the resize is kinda broken right now

I believe that the latest update may have fixed this issue?

Background objects are no longer solid when resized (yah!) But if you reload the page directly after resizing an object it still reverts to its original size. Also in my testing I found that if you resize objects in the game layer so that they are now overlapping the game totally glitches out. Neither of these are large however and they are hardly noticable.