Ball Bounce Simulator - Community Announcement
Kind of an introduction. So I kinda already had a discussion for this, but it wasn’t getting many visitors (but mainly that’s just flowlab) and it was more of a dev team type discussion between me and a few other contributors towards this game. So I decided to make a new discussion where anyone can feel comfortable leaving feedback playtesting the game and even showing scores like who has the most money etc. Also please report any bugs that you encounter. Usually @glowbug tends to find them before anyone else does, lol.
The main reason I wanted to publicly announce this game was because of a huge update (actually series of updates) that has came out and the game has changed a lot since most of you last saw it. Here is a list of recently added features:
- Acts like a normal shop item, but it will randomly give you ball including legendary ones which can’t be obtained from the store.
- This has been around for about a week now and I plan on making it a big feature of the game since so far this isn’t an actual way to win the game unless you kinda beat these. So far there’s only three, but more are being planned to be added soon.
- Special thanks to @Greggo for making new art for the game so all of the balls and icons seem a little bit more realistic. Although the more bland art is currently planned for retexture so don’t worry.
- The poison ball is actually an epic rarity ball that can only be obtained through the gumball machine
- It will act like a basic ball until it hits a brick which leaves a few second damage effect on the brick allowing you to gain more money with less hits
- The saw blade is the oldest ball on this list, which some of you may have already seen it
- It was originally obtained through the Achievement “Break 1K bricks” to the Gumball Machine since someone originally though it was a bug when they bought a certain ball, since it doesn’t actually tell you if you got it, only if you checked the achievements.
- The tracker ball is actually the “final ball” object. I decided to change the name and art of it since the original idea of it was a little to overpowered and with the gumball machine in play I decided to make it seem a little basic, but still a very wanted ball.
- This ball will bounce around and aim at the nearest brick, which is great for those last two bricks, but this ball is under maintenance and is very buggy.
- This ball hasn’t yet been added, but its in the development stage right now so it’s guaranteed to be added. So I figured that I’d mention it on here, but we currently don’t have anything for it yet so its just an idea so far.
- I plan on redoing the menu and maybe making it somewhat animated so the menu feels lively. Cause now it seems bland and still has the older theme so it’ll be changed in the near future.
- I also plan on fixing any bugs and our dev team came up with a few ideas on how to officially end the game, but I don’t want to say anything that might spoil what we have in plan for this game, or give false information that we end up changing later.
Also I know no one checks the credits so I’ll post them here.
Co-Designer - @glowbug
Art Designer - @Greggo
Music by - @Eric_Matyas and @meburningslime (when we get his music uploaded)
Special thanks to
And also thank you to everyone who played and supported this project.
Fun! I’m really excited to see the future of this game.
(Ps it’s have been not has be)
I’m assuming I spelled something wrong, but I don’t feel like rereading to find it, lol.
This was just a small game jam game that now has become a big thing! Good job @ManiacPumpkin , and keep up the good work
Okay, meburningslime, I’ve reread the entire thing and I can’t find anything about when I said has be, lol. Not sure if you missed read something or I’ve missed read something, but I do tell you that I personally didn’t find anything.
So someone told me I should host a poll in what the future of bbs should end up being. Currently there is no actual was of beating the game yet and I had a few ideas but not entirely sure what to go for. So I figured I’d host a poll to see what the community would rather see.
For boss there will be some sort of brick monstrosity at a higher level that must be defeated, although this boss will have some interesting mechanics to keep the fight interesting. Not fully sure if the entire idea but it was recommended by someone and it sounded like a pretty unique idea.
For achievements just add some achievements and make that the primary goal of the game. There already are achievements in the game but nothing too serious. I guess this spot is to add more achievements.
Endless is just keeping the game the same, kinda just how long can you go and maybe something like a leaderboard on who is the highest or something. Not fully sure in this idea.
And if you have an idea that you think would be best then you could vote other and list what type of feature or ending you would like to see in the game.
I don’t think a boss would fit the style of the game unless you add other minor enemies and then maybe a boss every 10 levels.
Even then though you would need to make a consequence for the player like being able to die or something.
That was exactly the idea that I shared earlier @Greggo! Lol.
That’s not a bad idea, maybe have some mini bosses or something every ten levels and a final boss on lvl 50. Although I have no idea what to make each boss do. Also idk if I’ll make the player die or actually lose since I actually found a game on cool math called idle breakout and it’s pretty similar to this game, and it has bosses, but it’s just an oversized brick with a lot of health so you pretty much just afk grind or start over. I have a few ideas for boss designs but none actually making the player lose.
haha ball go bounce bounce
Alright, the poll closes this Sunday? I think. I can’t remember, but I still want to know what you guys think on how the game should officially end.
Also if you vote for Other, then please type what other type of ending you would like to see in the game.
I voted other, so…
I think I would want it to be when you have collected all the balls. Then have a boss battle at the end. If they lose, then it goes on to be try to get all achievements to fight again. If win, then you know. End. If they lose after all achievement’s, then they go up to whatever level you decide, then refight. If after 3 times they don’t win, well just let them keep practicing.
I thought about something like that, but I’m not for sure yet.
If that’s the case then there’s no preparation, basically all players will fight the bosses when they’re the same strength.
Maybe have a boss every time you buy a new ball?
You should add the Bounce Jam ball as an Easter Egg, considering this is a game all about balls lol
That wouldn’t be a bad idea, add in some balls from other peoples games as apart of the gumball machine. But since they would be more considered easter eggs, it wouldn’t really effect the achievement “Obtain All Balls” so your main goal there is to collect all of the set balls, which I plan on adding a few more. But adding balls from different user’s games wouldn’t much of a bad idea either. But I do have to be careful since I only have a limited number of objects left so I can’t be too hasty to make new stuff.
Alright, well I guess boss wins. Which I should have probably said this on Sunday when the poll ended. I already got mini bosses added to the game which spawn in every 5 levels starting on level 10. Although they seem kinda basic, I do plan on adding more powerful bosses later on in the game. In this game there is no actual way to lose since its just an idle game. But the bosses will do harmful effects towards your balls (don’t take that out of context) and this could cause you to defeat the bosses at a really slow pace. I have an idea for the final boss that he must be defeated in under a certain amount of time cause every few seconds he will steal a ball and will only give it back when his health reaches a certain point. So it will be kind of a pain, but I’m still thinking of attacks and stuff.
You should totally change the music when a boss arrives