Big Question/Help

Its a bug with the Repeating from the walking:
I clicked Repeat to make my char walk when I hold the Button but it wont work

My friend are rage quitting because of this plz help

1 Like

Are you attempting to make the character walk using the repeater behavior? I don’t think that is a good idea. The repeater continuously administers an output a certain amount of times.

If you want to make the character continue walking, just toggle the “repeating” property of the keyboard behavior. This means that the behavior will keep administering the “down” output as long as the key is held down.

4 Likes

Hey @C4llM3Zky3 - I think @MetaNinja is probably correct that you don’t need to be using a Repeater block, but it would be helpful if you posted a link to your game to be sure.

5 Likes

helpful tip:
use the run & jump bundle

1 Like

There could be many reasons to why it does this,
but it cant be solved without a link or a screenshot.

2 Likes

Do the dang tutorial lol

Also, have the trigger be on the down instead of the up.
Also, forward messes stuff up. Set it to X, since you’re moving on the X field.
All done!

Another tip: Friction.
Either:
Make the collision a capsule
OR
Do this:

Basically, it’s always sending a neat little ray out that detects blocks. Make sure to set it to these settings, otherwise you’re gonna have a bad time. If you’re hitting the ground, set your friction to 100, otherwise don’t.

Also, pump up the jam! Add some music and sound effects, no one likes a silent film!
OR, you could do this to have randomizing music :slight_smile:

You have to make timers because the song (unfortunately) doesn’t have an On End trigger. You’ll have to set the timer to something else, this will just reselect the song after one second XD. In order to do this, you’ll probably have to set a timer and see when the song ends, then approximate it. After the timer ends, it selects another song to play, and the process goes on.

Wait it still isnt working?

1 Like

Sadly, no. Try inputting my suggestions.

hey the impulse isn’t working. it says that the object isn’t movable so impulse has no effect.

Please refrain from posting on dead channels. This is seven months later. The user obviously hasn’t been active, so please look at the creation date before deciding to post next time.
M’kay?

1 Like

This is your first post, welcome to the forum. If you have a question or need help, please create a new discussion.

1 Like