Billy The Kid - Announcement and Updates

It would be weird if a kid was in the Wild West with a gun so I’m gonna guess not too.

1 Like

I can confirm that he is not a kid. Rather, he is a young adult around 19.

4 Likes

It actually wouldn’t be unusual at all for a “kid” to carry a gun in the Wild West. A 13 year old back then would have been considered to be a young adult for most intents and purposes.

2 Likes

For anyone who didn’t know, Billy the Kid was an actual person. An actual outlaw in the good ol’ west at the time. I don’t know why I have this info in my head, but he killed several people until he was shot himself in his early 20’s (I think 23? ). He went down as legend, basically, for all of the stuff he did. Murder, robbery, etc.

6 Likes

I was aware of that, and the real life “Billy the Kid” wasn’t a “kid” at the time that he became famous (infamous?). I was just pointing out that in those days, it was actually normal for actual “kids” to be experienced in using guns (along with riding horses, working on the farm, rounding up cattle, and all sorts of other “adult like” duties).

3 Likes

Fun fact, this game is inspired in part by the lyrics of The Ballad of Billy the Kid by Billy Joel (I’m a huge Billy Joel fan).

4 Likes

What’s the matter with the clothes I’m wearing?
Can’t you tell that your sweat’s too tight?
Maybe I should buy some brand-new masks?
Welcome back N-95s
Where have you been hidin’ out lately, honey?
You can’t go to town till you quarantine 'till Sunday
Everybody’s talkin 'bout the virus
Funny, but it’s still COVID-19
What’s the matter with this place I work at?
Can’t you tell it’s out Clorox?
Should I get a set of plastic shields?
Are they gonna put 'em out of stock?
Nowadays you can’t be too sentimental
You don’t wear a mask, they gonna be judgmental
Shirt’s shrunk, school flunk, even if it’s old junk
It’s still that COVID-19

Ya welcome,
Mr. Person That Has Nothing Else To Do With His Time But Make Parodies :grin:

4 Likes

Billy The Kid is gonna be released in 2 days! It will only be available on Flowlab for now and I plan on updating the game as often as I can. Really hope you guys enjoy it!

6 Likes

Yay! Can’t wait to play it!

3 Likes

Less than half an hour before it’s Friday where I am. Can’t wait to finally show you the 5 minute game I’ve been spending too much time on!

3 Likes

Yay! Friday in 11 minutes for you and I! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yo, it’s almost time for me too! 9 minutes rn

3 Likes

7- alright I’ll stop counting down…

2 Likes

Happy Friday, Gang!

Billy The Kid is officially public! It’s not quite polished up and I want to work on it more but I hope you enjoy this bite-sized western fun!

There’s 6 different endings to get so I hope you have fun trying to get them all!

Please take note of any glitches or bugs or whatever because I know they’re there.

(Edit: PLEASE play this on a decent PC. There’s a lot of parts that are timed and need to work together so a good computer is essential to getting the full experience)

Happy playing!

7 Likes

Yes! This is going to be great.

1 Like

Ayyyyy, gonna play this probably for half an hour ngl

2 Likes

I wish but this game is TINY. and yet I spent months planning and working XD

2 Likes

Loving it already! Already regretted a choice XD

2 Likes

You should post it to the discord!

2 Likes