Bread Reviews 🍞

Maybe I’ll continue the game then :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

yes please

1 Like

this isnt quite a game but i just want you to rate this art real fast
idle knight actual
(i made this awhile ago for a game that i havent finished yet)

4 Likes

Art: 4/5
:purple_square: :purple_square: :purple_square: :purple_square: :black_large_square:
Notes and Tips: As I said in your topic a while ago, it looks really epic. I like the cape flapping in the wind. One thing you can change is make the shoe and the leggings of the armor apart.
This looks like he’s just wearing a big metal cast

4 Likes

Ghost Gunner by Greggo

Gameplay: 4/5
:red_square: :red_square: :red_square: :red_square: :black_large_square:
Notes: Gameplay felt pretty polished throughout the game! The combat was smooth and the enemies were all balanced but i hate the eyeballs XD. The Gauntlet is also a really fun gamemode.

Art: 5/5
:purple_square: :purple_square: :purple_square: :purple_square: :purple_square:
Notes: The art in this game is just so good and the little ghost is so cute! And there are just so many beautiful screenshots you can take.
Not to mention the amazing use of spritestacking!! So much is done right.

Mechanics: 4/5
:green_square: :green_square: :green_square: :green_square: :black_large_square:
Notes: I like the tiny metroidvania element of going around and collecting keys. When this game released there was instant reloading, but I’m glad you fixed it and added a timer now. Not many other complex mechanics though.

Fun: 4/5
:orange_square: :orange_square: :orange_square: :orange_square: :black_large_square:
Notes and/or Tips: This was a fun game to play through! I remember all the hype for the release and I think it lived up to it. The Gauntlet mode adds replayability which is a nice feature.

Beautiful game @Greggo, I’m glad it got featured for everyone to see!

7 Likes

Thank you so much for the review! I’m glad you’re enjoying the game and believe me I hate the eyeballs too! :joy:

4 Likes

My reaction to that information:
👁️

4 Likes

eye of cathooloo! i love terayria

5 Likes

oh ___ i forgot about this… @DarkStar_Studios and @117JOJO i’ll get on your games next class.

4 Likes

Ace Vanguard 2 by DarkStar_Studios

Gameplay: 3/5
:red_square: :red_square: :red_square: :black_large_square: :black_large_square:
Notes: I remember playing this game a while ago and how slow the ship was. I’m really glad you added the gearshift feature! It makes the game a lot more interesting and fun. Anyways, the gameplay is pretty fun and simple, I like games like these that pass the time easily.

Art: 5/5
:purple_square: :purple_square: :purple_square: :purple_square: :purple_square:
Notes: I love the art in this game! The use of the pallet is really nice, I love the intro cutscene! One cool detail I really love is how the ships rotate when you turn, it’s really satisfying for some reason :smile:

:green_square: :green_square: :green_square: :green_square: :black_large_square:
Notes: I like the choosing between different ships and all their abilities! I feel like bastion is the best ship because of the mouse aim lol. I like the attack powerup and how every ship has a different ablilty. The gear shift is pretty unique and I like that you can switch between different movement types.

Fun: 4/5
:orange_square: :orange_square: :orange_square: :orange_square: :black_large_square:
Notes and/or Tips: Great time-passer, as I mentioned before, it does get a bit repetitive. I’m not sure what much more you could add though :person_shrugging:. Maybe you could add a button to skip the starting cutscene if you wanted to.

It’s a really cool game, @DarkStar_Studios!

5 Likes

There is an option to disable cutscenes in the options. Anyway, thanks for the review! I’m getting a lot of reports that it gets repetitive, so that is the next thing I plan to tackle.

3 Likes

Noobin’ time

5 Likes

I dare you to review this.

4 Likes

Might as well submit GALACDRIVE. The game’s development has been slowed by side projects (which are to be done soon), but I still need criticism. Lemme hear your thoughts! https://flowlab.io/game/play/1993772

5 Likes

@BradenS is this topic dead?

ahem.

Summary

oh… ****

Raise A Noob by Vaprzz

Gameplay: 1/5
:red_square: :black_large_square: :black_large_square: :black_large_square: :black_large_square:
Notes: Not much to do in terms of gameplay. Mostly the only thing you do is buy food to keep the bar up. I’m not sure what the grazer upgrade does.

Art: 2/5
:purple_square: :purple_square: :black_large_square: :black_large_square: :black_large_square:
Notes: Has a consisent style. Could be improved as some of the sprites have mixels.

Notes: I think you have all your mechanics pretty well worked out. The upgrades all work like they should (although not sure what grazer does). I think you’re still working on it though because there’s no decor things to buy yet.

Fun: 3/5
:orange_square: :orange_square: :orange_square: :black_large_square: :black_large_square:
Notes and/or Tips: You can play around with this game a while, then once you get all the upgrades it slows down and then you’re just buying food.

Keep working on it @Vaprzz!

1 Like

here’s a game, it’s far from finished though

@paisleypug your menu is broken i cant play

you use space to select something

2 Likes