Buglist - July 2018

Is Object 239 even the banana? I’ve had something similar in the past. I might know what you’re talking about, but I wouldn’t know how to reproduce it. Can you do a video or gif example for grazer?

Is Object 239 even the banana? I've had something similar in the past. I might know what you're talking about, but I wouldn't know how to reproduce it. Can you do a video or gif example for grazer?
Those are just example names, 99% of the time I never specify object numbers so when ANY specific object number is selected there it's usually this bug if it remains selected after deletion. I learned to fix it with a workaround where you delete it and refresh the page. Today when it last occured I tried cloning the game (to provide a working example of the bug to show) but in the clone the problem went away, and if someone else loaded the game it probably would work fine since that's how my workaround fixes it by reloading the page. So to provide proof I'll just take video next time it occurs
Hey @Wizardry - you're saying that you select no object name (just a type) and the editor chooses an object for you? And then after that you cannot unselect it?

Does this happen a lot, or is it difficult to reproduce?

Yes that’s what I’m saying, and after deleting/remaking the trigger/reselecting the object type it automatically has that specific object selected still. It doesn’t happen often, maybe ten times I’ve seen it, but today I had it happen twice for different things. I don’t know what causes it or how to reproduce it.

Kind of related but I’ve noticed this for a while, for example you have extractors getting data about something, and you choose an object type like “person”, and then specify “object 372” (or just the object type alone). When you clone the game, this information is lost and you must re-enter the obect type and object number.

I clone some backround blocks and place them in the game, I edit the other level, come back to the 1st level and the cloned backround is not there Edit: turns out there was another backround object blocking the other ones its all good know

There’s a few tile bugs, I just choose to ignore them. One of them that gets in the way the most, is when you upload a file, and it’s bigger than 32x32, once you save the object, and exit the behaviors, the object offsets itself somewhere, and freezes, and you can’t move that object until you refresh the page. Occasionally, you will get a ghost clone, just a random clone somewhere when you do multiple clones at a time, and you won’t see it until you refresh the page. You’ll just have to delete it once you do. Don’t really know where it comes from. The last tile problem that bothers me, but I ignore it, layers don’t click based on layers. They never have, they tend to choose whatever the largest object is at random. If you have a massive rectangle, and put a smaller rectangle or square on top of it, trying to click anything will just grab the largest rectangle, even if it is on the farthest back layer. Just some bugs that have been around for years, it really just doesn’t bother me anymore, but it would be nice if they got fixed, but they don’t need to.

A bug I think a lot of people have noticed is the copy and paste error. For instance, when I want to copy a URL for Mp3 files, when I try pasting it in the box, it will not paste for any of my games. Thank goodness for the new upload feature!

I never have that problem @“Cap. Red Crab”
I just pasted a link to music in my game a couple days ago.

Won’t build Android app? It just keeps saying: building android app. For over 8 hours now.
Tried it many times.

Hey @remkowh - Sorry about that. The build server was killed by an electrical storm this weekend, and is being replaced. The build queue should be up and running again tonight.

Ok thanks. Nice to know.

@grazer and that electrical storm killed a tree which in turn killed a few boards on our fence… lol

Why is the “pause objects off-screen” feature gone? @grazer

Awakening is lagging a lot even with a few objects in the level.
My internet is working fine and my new PC is really good. Any idea of what is causing it?

Edit:
Also, Is there a way to download the sounds of the flowlab library? I would like to edit some to make loops

@grazer
CBG is down again. I still wonder why that happens. I used to think it was related to making new topics, but I have no idea anymore.

I’m not lagging anymore \(?)/

I fixed up CBG again - I’d love to know what the issue is myself :frowning:

@PixelPizza - happy to hear that the lag is gone? Not sure what was causing it. Regarding the “pause offscreen objects” feature - I removed that button because the feature itself was kind of fiddly, not super easy to understand & use, and only useful in limited cases.

Instead of having a button to make things run faster in limited cases, I spent a bunch of time optimizing the engine itself with the goal of making that checkbox unnecessary. That being said - there are still plenty of potential optimizations on the table, so I’d love to hear about cases where things run more slowly than expected.

Still related to new topics, I hadnt exited it, and decided to reload to see if anyone had replied. Thanks again @grazer

Bug: Flip is still broken
Sauce

Added to the list - - -

I’m having a bug when the Logic gate isn’t working with the NOR function. It continues to output a signal even when receiving a signal. Might be that my coding is off, but I don’t see how.

http://flowlab.io/game/play/946849

There’s the link if anyone wants to check it out.

Capture

@grazer , why is this happening?
Raycast goes trough switches turned off.

@PixelPizza
Always also does that, unless it was fixed. I knew NOR was broken, but I didn’t notice raycast was.

I’ll check these out and see what’s going on, thanks for reporting.