Buglist Oct/Nov'17

If “Last updated” does absolutely anything other than show when the game was last edited by the creator, then it shouldn’t be called “Last updated”.

White screen editor camera error added

Run and Jump bundle added

Today is the first day of November. The bugs must be hibernating, because we are usually infested with them. Be sure to let us know if any of you find anything not in the list.

The first emitted object cannot be detected by proximity (trying to keep the usage of that behavior at a minimum) as shown in SB3

When a nucleus spawns, it, in turn, spawns in 9 electrons. Electrons detect nuclei and orbits the nearest one in range, usually the one that spawns it, if it cannot find one (the nucleus gets shot, or it somehow leaves range), it despawns. However, the first nucleus to spawn will not get its electrons, because the electrons despawn- they dont detect the nucleus.

@CrimsonBlackGames So you’re saying the first object emitted from a spawner cannot be detected by a proximity check? I’ll open the bug tester and have an object shoot a ball past a line. If the line turns green, it detected the first emitted object. If that works, you’ll have to explain the issue better.

@CrimsonBlackGames I was able to replicate the issue with objects emitted by a once, but not by objects emitted by a button. If I have once fire when the level loads, the bar won’t turn green, but If I delete the once, and use S to shoot, the bar will turn green.

@grazer check this out when you have a chance. New level added to bug tester, linked in the spoiler.

@“Mhx Ar”

Its triggered by a timer, but its a complicated system

@CrimsonBlackGames a timer acts like a repeating once, so that’s the same thing.
A button triggers the animation, but a once and timer doesn’t.

… interesting…

I wondered if theres a way to replicate a proximity check, of sorts…

Maybe my already standing system, with filters… sure it would be a little tough, and it would be a square field, but eh, it works.

I’m sure grazer will just fix it so the first emitted object has proximity. A few years ago, all emitted objects had no proximity. Emit has always had tons of issues, but they’re slowly getting fixed.

@grazer When starting a new game and following the tutorial and you get to the “click to add sprites” page, it prompts you to select “browse sprites” but the circle/highlighted area instead goes to Upload and everything outside of the selection circle is unavailable to click on. You can bypass this if you click on the tiny little section of the Browse button that’s inside of the circle around upload (it’s hard to get it to work, but it’s possible), but the circle is in the wrong location.

Oh? Hey @grazer
When you updated to the newer flowlab, the buttons changed size, so they’re apparently out of the tutorial ring now.

Confirmed. Thank you @csccampsandclasses for reporting this. Many users tend to skip the tutorial.

Screenshot_2017-11-20-16-47-15

@grazer would you edit my list, to make sure you have all the bugs that are listed? If the bugs have been fixed, you or I can strike them so people know they were fixed. December is coming up, so I want to make notes for next month’s buglist, on what needs to be copied over and what can be removed.

Thanks for the heads up @csccampsandclasses !

Did I mention that when you delete proximity, the proximity circle stays in the editor until you go to another object that has proximity and click ok on it?

@Luminous I get that bug a lot too. Did I forget to add it? If I did, I’ll add it later.

Over and over I keep seeing clones and emitted clones sharing data for clicks, collision, proximity, and etcetera. This causes them to move wrong, or the wrong ones die. Added clone bug to the confirmed list.

@“Mhx Ar” - can you give me a few more details on how to reproduce the clone bug? I’m not seeing it in my tests.