Buglist Sep'17

Furthering that proximity lag exists. I only get lag in SB3 from all the fireworks. Having tons of objects on screen lags hard. One of the first things I learned in my first game, when I tried to make a swarm of bats attack, and the game nearly crashed. If I only use low detail in SB3, the yellow bullets don’t lag. Xediga Vade might lag from the blue wasp formations, but I don’t know why Vortex lags, when it barely has any on screen enemies. I can’t even move or shoot, but the enemies move completely fine. I haven’t touched either game since I made them, and they worked flawlessly back then.

Maybe the grid is what lags it.

Edit: I noticed SB3 is getting a lot more attention than SB2 did… I wonder why. I guess it’s the matter of the subject.

When is SB4

@Latif3 once I’m done with SB3 IF I feel like it and people want another sequel, I’m doing a third because I want to, and I enjoy making them. Yes it’d be nice if i had fans who wanted it, but that’s only a bonus, not the real joy.

The grid doesn’t work because animations don’t work right in that game anymore, for some reason.

Another thing. It took me over a year to finish SB2, and I’m trying to top it

Might wanna add “android exporter crashing” to the list
@“Mhx Ar”

@Latif3 confirmed this via downloading the app off of google’s beta testing program

I also confirm this because the statistics are saying it’s crashing every time it opens

As far as SB3’s music goes: I have confirmed it’s the hosting sever. So this bug ceases to exist- sorta. All I really need to do is
A ) replace the music with my own or sound image’s music
B ) download all the tracks and host them elsewhere

Another one: emitted things will receive messages, but attached objects won’t

I can’t confirm the android one myself, but I add it to community tested. grazer can probably confirm it, if he has an android. I do remember bugs with attachments and emitters, like emitters spawning objects off to the sides, or emitted objects not having proximity detection or something. I’ll look into those tonight.

Audio Problems - I have put it off for a long time (because songs can be big), but maybe we need a sound/music upload button? I can’t afford to do it for everyone, but I think it’s a pretty reasonable feature for paid subscribers.

Android Exporter - I’m out of town right now, and I don;t have any Android devices with me, but I’m going to jump on that exporter problem when I get back next week. Sorry for the delay there. Have you re-exported the app since I added the audio fixes? I thought that update would take care of it.

Attached Object Messages - If this is easy to reproduce it should be an easy fix

I’ll open my debug game and make a 3rd level. If you press F, it will send a message to an emitted object, an attached object, and an emitted attatched object. If they all turn green from the animation, the signal sent. If they don’t turn green, they don’t get the signal. I’ll also test the old emitted object proximity check, so if you get close, it turns blue.

As for audio uploads, you could have it for paid members, or only for individual people that you know are going to stay with flowlab. Your site must have millions of games that were not even close to finished, nor even attempted to be a good polished game. You could delete them if free users haven’t logged in within a year, but that’s up to you. I don’t know how much you’re paying to host all these games.

I’d actually like having audio uploads, because I hate when hosting sites aren’t working right. You could have a tab like with the purchased sprites, for a music or sound library.
[+Add New Sound]
For $1 or whatever per upload, the songs and sound effects get uploaded to your account, and will appear in the sound tab for all your games. If people have a bunch of sound effects, you could get $20+ for the sounds, or you could have an upload music tab separate from the upload sound, where the sound has a 30 length limit, and the song has a 5 minute length limit. Sounds could be 50 each upload, or something.

Hey @grazer, I want you to check this out. I’ve been editing, deleting, and checking all the objects in vortex, I edited the ship and deleted the ship controls bundle, and pressing any key on the keyboard still freeze lagged the game. It’s not normal lag, it’s input freezing. I can’t figure out what is causing it. Any key freezes the game. Press any key at all, doesn’t have to be a letter or directional key. Any key press freeze lags the game. What could possibly be causing this?

As for Xediga Vade, as soon as there are around 10-15 enemies on screen, it lags hard, very hard. If you kill them all as they appear on screen, there will be no lag. 10-15 enemies is hard lag? That never happened back when I made it. Definitely worth looking into.

I did my testing and also found an emit bug. This should help you out.
Try it in the Bug Tester in the spoiler at the bottom of my first post.

bug

I just built a lag tester. It seems 32 pong balls is where lag starts coming in, and 39 is complete key input freezing. Hit the button or hit B to spawn balls. Hold A to test any Alpha lag, hold S to test any Animation lag, hold F to kill all pong balls, press D to set the button to allow pong balls to spawn on impact with it.

It looks like with alpha and animation, the key input freezing happens around 35 balls. The more behaviors an object has, the more likely it will lag with less on screen objects. Hold A and S and press B over and over. You will see a lag spike around 25, around 30, 32, and a heavy spike at 34. As the animations and alphas desync, you will find that even hitting B might not spawn a new ball, as the key did not register the hit, because of the input lag spikes.
Feel free to try this out as well in the Bug Tester.

bug

*I also found out that if I set the non-emitted holder to not be solid, the attach will not spawn. The attach only spawns on non-emitted objects if they are solid. If the object is emitted, it will emit wrong, and the attach will still spawn in the right spot, solid or not. However, here’s the interesting thing. The solid hitbox of the emitted holder is still there, I can stand on it, but the image itself is disconnected from the object’s solid position.

bug

Maybe if you put this into the TOS: “any music you upload here you affirm you have the rights to use, and grant us the right to hold it”

Maybe this would work?

@“Mhx Ar” - these are going to be a big help, thanks

No problem. The nice thing about having this bug tester, is every time you make an update, you can always skim through the bug tester to quickly check if any behaviors have been messed up. If everything looks right, you’re all set. Keep the bug tester bookmarked if you think you may need it in the future. I’ll try to think of new tests to add, as users claim new problems.

Tiny editor bug: when you click on one of the behavior connectors to disable it, the “cancel” and “import” button shows up. Nothing big but still annoying

@Luminous700 that’s already posted. It’s the 2nd bug on the confirmed list.