Can someone review my little game here?

I need to know if this thing is actually scary, about 2 of my older cousins thought it was, including my little sister, but I have to see how YOU guys think about it, even I get stressed sometimes in the game too lol idk why.

Flowlab - Hide N Seek

Thats a link to the game :arrow_up: :

3 Likes

Not going to be rude, but it’s not very scary at all. The ‘ghost’ looks kinda funny to me and it is quite easy to evade if you have patience.

its not rude, thanks for being honest, also the ghost does look goofy lol

3 Likes

I am going to improve my pixel art today, lets see if i can do something.

2 Likes

Art is key to pixel art. Don’t think I can help much with scary lol.

2 Likes

Yeah, I feel like you just have to give in the feeling the player is safe, and then pick the right moment for a jumpscare to come out

2 Likes

Yeah cute looking characters can help with that lol.

2 Likes

Perfect if you add robot dinosaurs. Morphenomenal otherwise.

3 Likes

I mean Its a good idea, but I’ve never seen power ranger things in some tried to be horror games, (not tryna be rude, also I havent watched power rangers in a while.)

4 Likes

Okay, but robot dinosaurs are also in metal gear and other things.

Then your games will be the first!

1 Like

i really don’t understand how this is a sense of humor. please stop randomly giving us things about power rangers and mostly random stuff we literally do not care about. it’s not funny and a waste of our time. Morpheus is a dead meme to even john at this point.

2 Likes

Who the hell is this? “Morphenomenal” is just the Power Rangers version of the normal word “phenomenal”. Bro was using that word because he likes Power Rangers. Robot dinosaurs must have been suggested just because they’re cool.

1 Like

Please stop being mean. That’s not cool. Once a ranger, always a ranger. Just because you don’t care doesn’t mean that everyone else also doesn’t care. I never liked Morbius seeing as I was never swept away by the Morbius sweep. Just to be clear, I never mentioned or referenced Morbius at all until this post.

I will admit, frequently there’s been a group of users, mostly you guys, who post a lot of meme related content and power ranger themed ideas.

I’m not against it since a lot of it is on the otc, but for reference if someone wants reviews on a game that’s supposed to be original, maybe power rangers might not be the best response, sure there’s times to post it, but there’s also times when you need to act serious of the situation.

I probably speak for the chunk of users who don’t find any interest in power rangers or similar themes that you all do. It’s I don’t see an issue if you’re collaborating on a power rangers themed game or if it’s just chatting on the off topic channel, but otherwise I would recommend not spreading it around where it shouldn’t. At first it’s not a bad thing, but situations tend to get annoying when it’s been repeated several times. First Morbius was a big thing, then the minions, and just recently it’s power rangers.
I known you weren’t around the the rest prior, but I leave this message hoping that you can tone it down just a bit. That way you aren’t irritating users who find stuff like this annoying.

4 Likes

I understand. I must say though, robot dinosaurs were not invented by Power Rangers, and they have been seen and used numerous times before and after that.

Then again, if someone is making a medieval based dungeon crawler then suggesting “robot dinosaurs” isn’t exactly a good fit for the game.
I know everyone has different types of games, but sometimes you have to consider that people usually base their game around a single theme that they usually try to make the setting and story of the game around. I’m sure there could be many instances where a robot dinosaur could be used, but not for a hide and seek game with ghosts. I don’t exactly see where it would fit with the theme.

Not trying to be rude or anything, but I’m just trying to broaden your perspective as being a player which can help yourself be a better game developer.

1 Like

Yes, I agree, thank you.

it’s a pity that there is no control on a mobile device

Well because I’ve been gone for a while and also pls don’t revive old topics.