Can you find any bugs in my game

Flowlab Game Creator - WAPITI RUN so I’ve been working on this game and I think I’m done I just want to see what you guys can tell me if you notice any bugs

4 Likes

I’m on it. I’m a certified (not really) bug tester, and also a certified (kinda sorta) professional in helping people. TLDR, I’m a professional (no i’m not :upside_down_face: )

2 Likes
  1. What is this:
    He’s literally standing on air. Fix :upside_down_face:

2. Your breaking platforms break WAY TOO SLOW! Not a bug, but just a suggestion to make that timer, like, ten seconds shorter than it is. Makes a player in a rush, which makes your game actually somewhat difficult. Basically, don’t be afraid to make your game hard :wink:

3. Also, the breakable blocks break on their own. That’s a no-no. Have them start the timer to break when they touch the player.

4. On level five, when you die it RESTARTS THE GAME??! I said don’t be afraid to make your game difficult, but this just annoys the player. Plus, no other objects in the previous levels cause you to completely restart the game, and inconsistency is a no-go :thinking:

5. Why are you placing blocks outside of the level??? Kinda useless, and it reduces the framerate (not by a whole lot, but you still want the game performance to be as good as possible)
    My recommendation: Delete all the blocks that don’t affect the player :slight_smile:

2 Likes

did you make it to the end

3 Likes

Yes. It just loops, which is another point I want to touch on. You normally don’t want to loop a game, maybe bring it back to a menu screen, but looping it is visually unappealing. You can end with credits and then loop back to the menu, as well.

2 Likes

I’ve also noticed that you’re using free version. However, I can teach you the ways of optimizing free version so that you can virtually have infinite levels. This will require slightly complex mechanics, however.

2 Likes

you help me find more bugs @JR01

2 Likes

That’s it, though :upside_down_face:
I ran it inside and out. Is there a specific thing you want to find?

2 Likes

could you show me what to do that

3 Likes

I’ll PM you some details :slight_smile:

2 Likes

actually I’m planning for it to link to Wapiti run to but since I haven’t really finished a run to that I’m just going to have to have it really and after five levels just play something else but I’ll have Wapiti to running and they’ll be linkedbut you all have Wapiti to running and they’ll be linked

2 Likes

Ok. Sounds good (check your pms!)

1 Like

WASD keybinds aren’t set to repeating so you can’t actually move using WASD

4 Likes

I have a bundle for that

2 Likes