<Cardagon Demo>

I’ve been working on this for a couple weeks and I finally have something playable!
Tell me if you notice any bugs, have suggestions, or comments.
I plan to make some animations / transitions more polished and detailed so please bear with some things for now :’)
Controls are: wasd, shift, up/down arrows and clicking

Edit: I may be working on things today so if sorry if it’s a bit broken TT

6 Likes

idk what happened here, but the game froze after i ended my turn

4 Likes

was that the first fight you did?

2 Likes

That happened to me in the second fight

1 Like

I can’t seem to reproduce it, is it still happening?
it may have been because I was working on it earlier…

3 Likes

Same thing just happened to me. My second fight, I moved, then he moved and then it just froze

I like the game though!

4 Likes

This game is super fun, it was quite similar to a project I attempted a while back that used a similar card mechanic, but I was unable to figure out how to make it work, but it seems you did a pretty good job at it.

One thing I noticed was how you had to click multiple times for something to work. I know I’m on mobile (w/ keyboard) so it had a curser mechanic where when I click, it only moved the curser over, then I had to click again for it to work, but when I went to use a card, I had to click half a dozen times before it registered that I clicked on it, while some cards worked the first time.

This could have also been a loading issue on my part since its a bad device, but it could be a possible bug.

3 Likes

I am going crazy :’)
I literally have no idea why this is happening

2 Likes

I was able to complete three full fights today; Drafty your theory about this bug happening because you were working on the game at the time is now believed to be true by me.

1 Like

the thing is; I just tested it and it froze on the first fight… it is definitely happening randomly which is what makes it hard to figure out

2 Likes

Bruuuuuuh. And I thought I or we had a breakthrough.

2 Likes

If anyone gets the bug again please take a screenshot, I’m having trouble reproducing consistently

2 Likes

When the enemy stops moving it is breaking the game. All I did was move the character and then threw a rock.

2 Likes

yes, it was the first fight, sorry for not replying earlier

i can’t get past the first fight ever, it freezes after the enemy moves

2 Likes

Oooo, very cool game I like the battling idea. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So you can sell it as an NFT?

2 Likes

Ok, just got the glitch again, but from the editor this time, so you can see the code being activated in the enemy (trying to help you troubleshoot). I honestly don’t understand what’s going on in this code, but I have a screenshot for you. This one was my second fight, but this time all I did was move and then it glitched and the enemy did not even move

I still have the window open if you want to see inside of a different bundle

2 Likes

ok I tried changing it so that the enemies actions are never executed, but otherwise the code is the same. Because I really have no luck getting the bug to work more than once, if anyone could play it to try and get the bug again that would be appreciated :’)

1 Like

Crashed again. The opponent finished walking then had that little green thing come up, then the game crashed

1 Like

Ok so a little progress has been made. I know that it is not caused by:

• a specific card
  • the enemy executing an action

What I think might be causing it:

• the game manager having an infinite loop somewhere
  • Code triggered in the player object when its turn is started

What I’m going to do now:

• add timers at different code segments
  • cry

Edit: I just realized I have a timer to change to the next player’s turn, meaning that since the game freezes right as the enemy finishes its turn the bug is before this code!

1 Like