CHALLENGES

my game is basically done now.
https://flowlab.io/game/play/1426392

Thanks! I am giving everyone until the end of tomorrow to submit the games.
@todorrobot
@“The Kodex”
@Pixel-Master-Studios-Dev

I’m excited too see what everyone else made.

@F3Art you gave me the editing link not the play link…

oh whoops
i changed it now

Originality: 10/10
You did wonderful creating an original game while still having the game feel exiting. Maybe add more loevels or a multiplayer concept?
Gameplay: 6/10
Pretty nice playstyle, however the game feels repetitive with no challenge. Try adding a time limit, spikes, enemies or new areas!
Controls: 5/10
The idea of the controls works, however, you should use a raycast instead of a collision for more consistent jumping reloads. Maybe a rocket fuel bar too?
Art/graphics: 8/10
Very nice choices for the art! The simplistic boundaries of the challenge did not keep you from being creative. However, the sprites, especially the green textured ones, did not flow very well with the rest of the game. Maybe add some music too?

Overall score: 7.25/10

Well Done!

Thank you! I really enjoyed making this game. especially the fire effect from the jetpack. I will definitely consider using raycasts instead of collisions, and i think a fuel bar would be a nice addition. there was enemies in the game originally, but i wanted to keep the game kind of calm, so i don’t think I’ll add enemies, but spikes might be good. also, I just made a music track yesterday for my other game, so I might reuse it for this one as well.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD
If you want a re-review for the competition, then you would want to finish those updates before tomorrow ends.

ok

so i did a few updates (mostly with controls) but for some reason my fuel bar isn’t working correctly and the player can just fly infinitely.

Make it to where the up arrow turns on a switch that has an infinite timer that is depletin the fuel supply, and when it turns off, the fuel slowll regenerates.

@meburningslime I have an idea and am going to try to get it done by tomorrow, but i’ve olny just started this afternoon. lolol!

Ok
No pressure…
Lol

OK. Spent the morning on this, but now I’m bored and have other things to do. :slight_smile:

Fun challenge though! Here’s my entry:
CARNIVAL https://flowlab.io/game/play/1429739

Arrows or A/D to move. Space to fire. Light the letters of “CARNIVAL” before ammo runs out to win!

I will try it and gwt back to you soon @todorrobot !
Just waiting on @PixelPizza @and @“The Kodex” now…

Oh yeah, @grazer I did try to use the GOGBPHPAB palette for my entry, but I kept creating new blocks to get a color I liked so it was a little forced. I tried to make this as grating and frustrating as the original Coleco version hahaha!

Originality: 5/10
Not exactly genius, but still pretty suprising. Not much to say here.
Gameplay: 6/10
If you were going for grating, you got it. This game is near impossible! The game itself has smooth controls though. I would make it a little more fun.
Controls: 10/10
Very smooth, not much to say here except maybe add some more ammo.
Art/graphics: 8/10
Man, even if this wasn’t limited by the graphics, I would keep it this way! The music and sound effects go well together, as well as the art. Smart using the triangles as parts! However, I did have to mark off a point for cheating with the bullets.
Total: 7.25/10

Well then… Tit for Tat…
Since you both won, I am not giving prizes. However, whosoever wins this next one will get double the prize!
@“The Kodex” @seamothmaster45 @RageDayz please consider joining!
The challenge:
3D Worlds
You do not have to create a fully immersive 3D game, just a program or even a movie is allowed. You have 2 weeks to finish!
@F3Art @todorrobot

@meburningslime Can it be a continuation from an old project (please). I can confirm this project is at a VERY basic stage with only like 4 objects.

How about this:
If you do that you get -0.5 points, your choice.