Character Ideas (Currently closed, but revived for analysis)

@rcreger I think your explanation, well explains pretty much everything that I would need to imply that into the game. Im still so surprised that you came up with this.

@ManiacPumpkin alright, good to hear! And thank you, it means a lot especially with your support with my next project! I remember when I gave your games 8/10’s and 9/10’s back when I had my review running, so it’s an honor to know you have my back for this project.

1 Like

@rcreger all I have to say is thank you so much for your support on my games.

@rcreger would you like to support my games :flushed:

@GrimProductionZ I would prefer if you only comment to what the discussion is implying. If you want to ask @rcreger then please message him in a private discussion.

Bruh bruh bruh bruh bruh This kid.

Ay @ManiacPumpkin , I’mma add another if you’d like to use it too. Alright, here goes nothing:

The Arizona Long-Neck Zombie. In the Sonoran Desert within the state of Arizona, there laid a set of items within a suit case, which was seemingly left completely untouched, though the engraving on the lock suggested the case dated back to 1925. It was a weathered brown leather with brass lockets, the manufacturer of said object is unknown at the time of writing. Discovered by a group of daring bikers, they stumbled upon it at approximately 12:30 AM, MST. Upon arrival, one of the bikers had reportedly broken their leg when riding near it. When the others came to help, they reported that “(we) blacked out, like a blow to the head”. They were tested for a concussion, but no signs of one were found in the bikers. The injured bikers leg was treated the same day.

Upon further investigation from the staff, they found that the suitcase makes a slight murmuring sound, like whispers. They reported altogether, “we couldn’t understand what the (suitcase) object was saying, but we… Felt like we should.”

Unfortunately, while transporting the object to the Facility, we uncovered another ability this object had (DISCLAIMER: This is to be used as an example of bad preparation of an unknown para-natural object. You should wait at LEAST 72 hours before transporting an object unless absolutely necessary). The staff soon realized, at 12:30 AM - 1:30 AM (MST), that the objects lid opens up, revealing what was described to be a “heavenly” light. The effected described it like they were dying, but they wanted to, because that was what the suitcase told them. They also report that they do not remember any other information the suit case told them. They were too also left unconscious during the opening, which cased the object carrier to crash into a rock side.

It is assumed that the injured biker had collapsed from the suitcase, hence breaking his leg. We have also discovered that the objects ability to render unable to move is that it reveals a lengthy string of light to the victims temple. It remains there until physical eye contact is revealed onto the string, which it then dissipates immediately. The reason of this is unknown. Theories surround that it is absorbing life force to become stronger, to become humanities inevitable reckoning. Another, plausible theory is that it is the voice within the case making contact with the victim. It was discovered that during the crash, the staff had been put out at the very second of the case opening.

The after effects of the object have been under surveillance, and the only physical change has been the shape of their brains. After contact, they have taken into strange, perfect spheres. One knows that the wrinkles of the brain helps contain knowledge gained through our life time, so theoretically, they lost their gained knowledge. But strangely, the effected victims seem to have a mental link with one another, leaving them almost impossible to not be in the same room at the same time. They seem to have a connected Hind-Mind, but where’s the source? What holds their gained knowledge now? We’ve been tracking for the Hind-Mind for several years now, connecting with the strong mental links. There are a few other links in Arizona (five), and two in New York (suggesting that others have come upon this object, but left). The total amount of known effected is 16 victims counted as of January 15th, [REDACTED].

We’ve had a track on a stronger link for the past two weeks, and we are beginning to think it’s the Hind-Mind. The victims minds do not connect to one another directly, but go straight to the stronger source. This is where we assume is the Hind-Mind (trackers suggest is also in Arizona), and the knowledge is filtered through it to the other victims whenever they require certain knowledge. We are uncertain if the Hind-Mind is able to fully control the victims or not, or if it’s like a parasite. But we are testing our MTEs (Mental Tracking Equipment) as we speak, and improving when necessary.

Entity: Hind-Mind (only known physical gateway is through the Suitcase object)
Physical description: Hind-Mind is unknown. Suitcase is described in report.
Known abilities: Is able to render victims immobile, and can communicate through a controlled dream state the Hind-Mind is in lead of. Has been apparent it can render certain memory loss. While the victim is unconscious, it establishes a mental link through itself, which can be filtered to other victims (9 victims obtained ; 7 are yet to be) to create a Hind-Mind. The desires and reason why the Hind-Mind exists is unknown, and we do not know if this is a para-natural occurrence or a man made one - though data suggest the previous.

2 Likes

Well, I have no idea where you are coming up with these ideas @rcreger. These are ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! Im still speechless from the first entity you posted.

Honestly just out of boredom @ManiacPumpkin lol The Hind-Mind is a bit more mysterious, so you should be able to add any creative freedom you want with it. I just basically said the suitcases abilities, the effects on victims, and how it’s (possibly*) connect to the Hind-Mind. Whatever the Hind-Mind is, what it’s there for, and it’s motives and powers is all up to you. The Customer/Glass Eye is more restricted, though, so this should give more room to move a bit.

Have fun with it!

I’ve got an idea for a monster for The Facility. It is sort of based off of Koh from “Avatar: The Last Airbender”. If you’re not familiar with that show/anime/TV program thing, Koh is basically a spirit that steals your face if you express any emotion in front of him. While not lethal, the process is painful and you’ll lose your face as a result.

What I was thinking, for this particular monster, is that when close to it, it will stare you down until you leave it’s line of sight. While it is staring at you, it will flash sort of mini-jumpscares in an attempt to startle the player. If the player moves too quickly, then the monster will give them a blood-chilling jumpscare and terminate them immediately.

So @ManiacPumpkin, what is your opinion of this?

1 Like

@MetaNinja That’s a pretty cool idea, and yeah I’ve seen The Avatar the Last Airbender and the Legend of Korra.

The staring Mechanics might be a bit challenging, but I will try my best.

Thanks! I’m not sure what to name this creature though. Maybe the DeathStare or something like that?

1 Like

@ManiacPumpkin- done two of these already, but they’re so much fun to do! Here’s another…

The Poem. The Poem was first located in a classified location in Utah, USA (the location is redacted from basic documents due to military and government agreements). The Poem was written by an unknown author, by the name of Todd Zachary. No reports of this artist has never been found. In the Poem, there is three base forms that can be contacted through anyone.

The first one reads, a haiku:
“Death is not all fun
But when the Spiral goes 'round,
Why even say no?”

Second, a typical ABAB poem:
“Dark mysterious words on a page,
All true, all false, or both, or none?
Don’t listen to the words, they all say,
But no more questions when they’re all gone.
The world spins, the sun crackles,
Spitfire rains on all of the earth, and sea
Around your wrists is all reeds and shackles,
All is darkness now, like it should be.”

The last form, a ABBA poem:
“Fireflies dancing in the dark,
Moths dying in the light,
Moths all dying in the light,
Now fireflies are scared of the dark.
Run*.”

*Some do not have this final word.

There are some other, more obscure poems, one of which seems to predict a “savior of the night and demons”. After a person reads the first haiku, by chance, no effects have been detected other than having the knowledge of the haiku. If one happens to get the second, first poem, they gain an uncontrollable fear of the dark. They report it is “revolting. It is impossible for [me] to go in it anymore”. These victims then seem to go blind, or what we call “night blindness”. All is black, and the feeling of darkness around them. This typically happens about ten minutes later. They then seem to slowly perish of this incontrollable, constant fear. The final poem, which has the worst symptoms, is called the “Moths, Fireflies, and Imminent Doom”. It all depends on the final word. It will either not show up, or it will reveal the word, “run”. If this word shows up, your life is in extreme danger. Though we have not witnessed anything physical, it seems people effected by the last poem go through an “awake nightmare”, which is speculated to fully represent a paralysis demon. It is assumed that reading this final word from the specific poem unlocks the barrier that had held it back before. However, we can not help. It will eventually dismember the body, cuts will visibly appear to us, but we don’t see it happen. Approximately, and averagely, it takes 25 minutes before the victim fully perishes.

It is assumed that these poems could be possibly connected to the Writer Incident cases, showing several occurrences in Utah around the same location - Farborough’s Well, next to the Sunset Beach Motel. These locations seem to be obscure from most major mapping sites. We suspect it is a mental and visionary prohibition filter around the area, though the cause of this effect is unknown. In 2010, two cases were opened, the Jackson Case, and the Wheeler Case, both around the two writers (Howard Jackson; Krimson Wheeler), who seemed to have written a whole story franchise in collaboration. This story franchise is under investigations for any altered effects. The title page, as well the other content pages, have sustained major water damage, but the text has remained completely visible. The title of the franchise is labeled “Dark Princes and the Midnight Dust”. There were three installments of the series. 1) “Dark, Murky Motel” 2) “The Bottomless Well” 3) “Return to the Light”. The last installment seems to not have been finished. Both Jackson and Wheeler are still missing as of XX/XX/20XX.

To have complete safety, we made sure that no person is able to see the page, hence reading no words. If you can’t read, you’re safe. It’s a mental lock that the poem unlocks. For the sake of your life: don’t read the poems. The Jackson and Wheeler books are currently being investigated, but altered effects have already taken progress.

1 Like

:no_mouth: I’m still speechless. I’m not entirely sure what to say except that “I’m not worthy” (Bowing intensifies*)

1 Like

@rcreger could literally write up an entire SCP article with these things. He is just that good!

2 Likes

@MetaNinja I know right.

http://scp-sandbox-3.wikidot.com/meburningslime
I made this SCP years ago. It’s still not official, I never got that far, but feel free to use it. It would be amazing for storylines or Daily Loot!

1 Like

@ManiacPumpkin @MetaNinja

I’m flattered, really. This really let me get some ideas out. I’m thinking about elaborating on the Writer Incident cases, with Jackson and Wheeler, as well as their three book entries. It’ll take some brainstorming, but I’ll come up with something.

Are you planning to add documents into the game? Because I’d be happy to draft them for you. It’s really fun for me to do, on a narrative side, so I’d gladly do it.

1 Like

@rcreger I actually thought of adding documents, but currently I’m working the basic map layout. If you want, you can work on some. But it probably won’t be added until later.

Alright, sounds good! I’ll be thinking up some stuff up in the meantime.