Chrome display cut off

I saw this in the forums but I didn’t see a resolution to it so here goes again…

My game looks great in Safari, but screens are cut off in Chrome, which is what my students will use to view. I found the instructions @grazer posted before for finding the debug info under RESIZE in the console.

My browser zoom is set to 80% and here is aScreen Shot 2021-10-06 at 4.16.50 PM
pic of what shows up in the console. Any insights as to why my game looks great in Safari but is cut off in Chrome? Thank you!

3 Likes

Could you post a link to the game, please?
That would be much appreciated. The team will get right on it once you supply us with a link :slight_smile:

Could you show a screenshot of what the cutoff looks like?
And is this on ipad, mac, chromebook or pc?

1 Like

Screen Shot 2021-10-06 at 4.08.17 PM

4 Likes

Here is what it looks like on Safari:

3 Likes

Sorry, just saw this request. Here is the link. Flowlab Game Creator - Pollen Run

2 Likes

Sorry, jumped the gun again…this is on a Macbook Pro.

3 Likes

Looks fine to me

and mine’s a chromebook :grimacing:
Cool game, though :upside_down_face: :+1:

2 Likes

I’ve seen the game screen cutoff from the device size, but I’ve never seen the borders of the game actually not be around the game. It looks almost as if the camera’s zoom is on 50%; and because of that, changing browser zoom wouldn’t fix it (I think anyway, does is still look like this with browser set to 100?).

This could be an issue to MacBook Pro specifically. I message Grazer directly on the topic, though a response may be in the morning. You can also contact grazer by emailing grazer@flowlab.io, that way it would be a lot faster for a response than a forum post.

What devices will your students use? I’m positive that this will work on Chromebooks, as hihilogic as displayed above. As well, it works on all browsers on my Windows PC.

2 Likes

Hello Mrs Brune. I think @JR01 may be correct - is it possible that the instance of Chrome that is displaying the game strangely has its zoom set to something other than 100%? Other zoom settings can make the game’s layout look strange.

2 Likes

Students will be using flowlab on Mac Desktops.

Thank you all! I’ll see if I can figure out what the camera is set to…it’s been a bunch of months since I worked on this in that unit last year…need to freshen up my skills so I can add level 4!

Mrs. Brune

4 Likes

Sorry, I don’t think I was completely clear. I’m talking about the browser zoom setting, not the camera zoom setting.

4 Likes

The browser zoom is at 80%.

3 Likes

You should set it to 100%
The reason for this isn’t in the actual coding program, it’s in the HTML. The HTML border is reducing its size, but the game itself isn’t, meaning the game can’t fit in the border.

2 Likes

Kinda @hihilogic, the zoom sets how the big the game is viewed, so its usually easier to shrink the browser view if the game is bigger than the screen (such as a phone). As I said, this is the first time I’ve seen the border be inside the game.

To the point of grazer and hihilogic, do you mind showing a screenshot of the game if you did set the browser view to 100%? Seeing if it make any changes would help us see what’s going on.

2 Likes

I already showed you one, silly goose :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I was telling Mrs. Brune…
She’s the one with browser issues…

2 Likes

Oh sry.
I’m the silly goose :upside_down_face:

1 Like