The demo level has nothing but a few harmless enemies and nothing else but the first level has a few block types and enemies im testing. Here is the game if you want to try it.
It’s a cool game!
At first, I wasn’t sure if my bullets were hitting the baddies or not, then I realized you need to shoot them more than once. I like how they recoil every time they get hit, nice touch!
As for suggestions?
Well for one, the enemies don’t deal any damage, but you already mentioned that they were harmless, so I’m guessing you will be adding that part later.
Two - and this part might be difficult to implement, I haven’t tried it myself yet, but the game would feel more immersive if the player character had more animations, and especially when moving up and down.
That’s just a suggestion, not a criticism, because as I said, I’m not even sure how to make that work myself. Yet. It’s on my to-do list for future projects.
Really like the initial concept though! Nice work!
yeah that is the demo level you should try level 1 it has one more enemy and a few different blocks. As for animations I’ll be doing that way later I’m going to try to finish the game first then go back and add all of that
Oh yeah, level 1 is definitely challenging.
It has a really nostalgic feel to it. I distinctly remember playing a similar game probably 30+ years ago. Wish I could remember what it was called.
Love the concept! It’s a great project, IMO you should continue working on it.
Cool game. A couple of things, tho…
- Can I know what some of these sprites actually are? I have no idea what the border walls are supposed to be, and these strange grey things:
- Can you make the background lighter? It’s hard to see what’s going on.
- Can you make some indication that the enemy’s been hit? Maybe a red flash or a sound?
- Can you make the level 1 enemies more killable?
Other than that, great job on the code :3
1.they are supposed to be rocks though I’m not the best at pixel art I tried gray with “sparkles” on top to keep the hitbox of the object the same size as a box
2. what colors would you suggest? I had a hard time finding something that would work so I stuck to a dark green.
3. that’s something I’m working on and hoping to add soon
4. at the moment they are 8 shots for the basic shoot would 5 be better?
edit- the border walls were just supposed to be walls I didn’t have any ideas on the design where all the walls connect so I went with a cross shape.
- Okay, but they look janky when they are stacked.
- Try reducing the alpha on the colors
- Yes please! 8’s way too many, try to keep it around the magic number 3.
Keep doing what you’re doing,
At first I thought maybe the strange grey things were some kind of eggs that would spawn more of the insect creatures when I shot them.
And yeah, a red flash or sound when enemies are hit would be cool.
As for the level 1 enemies, I didn’t look at the code. 8 hits is probably a little bit too much.
i changed the zombie hp to 5 hits and the rat hp to 2 hits or in other words I changed power of the bullet to 40 not 25