Crimson hunters...AGAIN!!

Ok, so crimson hunters is doing pretty well, and I’ve decided to postpone SB2 development for about a month. No specific date has been chosen. But here’s the thing: I am TERRIBLE at deadlines. So until then, crimson hunters it is.

The graphics I used to start of the game was actually placeholder graphics. I’ve been practicing offline, and finally decided to create newer/updated graphic. There are also new mechanics such as the teleporter gun, which you aren’t told how to use, but if you look closely, “they” will teach you…
I’ve also made it to where it’s not truly limited to just red. For shading reasons, I’ve included some grey in the characters and backgrounds, which we all know contains other hues

The intro also includes white, but only so the user can read it.

That reminds me, brick tiles and other tiles looked crappy and pixelated… not anymore! The bricks look much more polished and include way more red, and the metal texture looks way more smoothed and shiny.

what do you think?

Also, when I’m done with this game, I might make a crimson hunters.

Think you may have put a space between “flow” and “lab” in your link. Other than that, awesome game!

@Steeph323
Stupid phone autocorrect!!
Fixed

Anyway, the game now has sprinting, press space or move for a second and a half to sprint. Crimory will double in speed…

Great game! Although “teleporter gun” never showed up.

It shows up at the top of the room that requires wall jumping and dashing (or just wall climbing)
you aren’t told how to use it because crimory is unfamiliar with it.

@2017FN10307

Thanks man. I played “Crimson Hunters” again and now find it easier to play! Thanks!

Its been a while, but I want to resume working on this

Because logic gates, Im going to make 6 way shooting- you cant shoot straight up or down.

Also, I may try to make this game graphically better, now that I know how to make ramps and stuff. Instead of using straight lines.

I never got a chance to check this game out, so I’ll look at it tonight.

This game is basically a spoof of every sci-fi shooter… keep that in mind

@“Mhx Ar” cool, thanks.

Also, you may like the wall jumping mechanic I put in, run up to a wall, jump, and when you hit the wall you can jump again, but youll jump in the opposite direction

I’m sure it is cool. I’m working on logic for a cliff grab mechanic, so if your position and collision are right, your position will lock and play a hanging on the edge animation, until you jump or a timer makes you fall.

Wouldnt that be…

Proximity, 2 expressions for the X offset, a filter, an absolute value, and an enable/disable, along with an edge grab animation. But also a switch to make sure your facing the proper direction. Or another edgegrab animation with the player in a different direction to show which way hes actually facing

Brb- just gave me an idea for crimson hunters

Nevermind, as I just realized how much that would lag out the game: proximity- and the map is MASSIVE

I was going to make a 2x32 alpha 0 not solid object with collision AND same thing but 32x2 AND holding right --(on)ON/OFF- also (in) number pos x also (in) number pos y --(in)ON/OFF switch- position (reset speed on update) animation loop
Jump button/timer (off)ON/OFF

reset speed locks you from moving, disable might work too, but it might keep me from jumping, so I’ll check it out.

I have escaped your game and now am exploring the outside area.
Pretty great game btw. Why did you stop? Keep working on it.

a

There was a box here and I shot it through the wall, then it disappeared. I thought those were powerups? Can I destroy powerups by accident? That would be bad.
a

These one way gates work pretty consistently, maybe 8/10 times. I’ll have to try these instead of the way I was doing it with proximity clipping. I like this game a lot.

a