Crystal Storm is now a DEMO!!!

Im going to expand Mhx and Aeros health

Did that

@grazer when i have up to 18 frames in an animation, the add frame begins to go offscreen. Can you make it to where the thing shifts down to add another row’s worth of frames?

020F930B-724C-40B9-A114-5769828507AB

Working on my over-world a bit. Its going to be fairly small, however later if y’all want ill extend it. Right now I don’t have the time or tools to do so…

Actually, your overworld looks a little big and open. You should try to make the areas more linear, like Paper Mario, Pokemon, or old Legend of Zelda games. In most RPGs, there is hardly any room to walk around, because of trees, hills, buildings, and water. This prevents the map from looking too large and plain, unless you have the ability to run.
Do something like this, and add a bunch of bushes, trees, and hills. Just remember to make the bottom of the tree on layer 2, and the top of the tree on layer 3, with the player on 2, so you can walk in front of it, or behind it, and layer trees close together.

I could try

I was reading the manga Yugioh and saw the dice monsters game. Maybe you could have the behaviors random (number 0-9) and filter to do this for attack:
filter:
equal to 0= super critical, 5 damage
equal to 1= critical, 3 damage
equal to 2= direct hit, 2.5 damage
equal to 3-6= hit, 2 damage
equal to 7-8= half miss, 1 damage
equal to 9= flunk, 0 damage
and magic could have different effects, not just damage the other player… it’s just an idea

yeah, but it probably may not work out in your game…

I would make it like Paper Mario or Mario and Luigi Saga, where hitting buttons at certain times, will do stronger attacks, combos, dodge, or counter. It’s a relatively painless thing to make, but you need to make exceptions for certain bosses and enemies.

maybe I’ll make an example

You dont need to

I know you know how… just for fun xD
http://flowlab.io/game/view/484705
will delete soon

You could turn that to a full on rpg too. But if you dont mind, you might wanna change some things

it was used for example purposes, anyway :stuck_out_tongue:
what should I change?

It looks like a clone of my game. Just the basic structure

yeah. I know, that’s why I’m deleting it soon

Okay, I deleted it. The style I used was Bakura’s dice game from the Yugioh series, an rpg-style board game that you go through to defeat the enemy. The lower number you roll in the dice, the better (00=super critical, 99=flunk) … thought it could be utilized in your game if desired. :slight_smile:

Also if you go to the over-world you’ll notice a few major changes and the absence of some tiles, the reason is thats going to be an important location

Working on the game. Enemies can be found in the overworld. They dont do anything but annoy for now. Use wasd to swing your scythe at them, but it has a 3 second cooldown.

I think you can connect the Mhx battle to the overworld now