CubeTales: Sparks of War Devlog

It’s still half and half. Could we have a tiebreaker vote?

4 Likes

It seems the worst has happened…I lost

5 Likes

Ok, we have a winner!

2 Likes

CubeTales 2 updates:

• Added a link to the official Pixiliart album to the main menu (@nhgcr_for_the_3rd_time is it official can you confirm?)

• Added the Classic Cecilia skin to celebrate her receiving a spinoff game! Classic Cecilia was originally known as “Cuby p2” in CubeTales: the Beginning, and since that sprite and concept had gone unused, I decided to create a character out of it!

Let us know if you want the CubeTales: Sparks of War Assault Revolver to be in Cubtales 2!

2 Likes

Indeed, the link is official

3 Likes

i intended for there to be 2 player support in CubeTales 1 but never got around to doing it

now Cecilia gets a chance to shine!

3 Likes

Official CubeTales website!

2 Likes

First boss fight for CubeTales: Sparks of War

4 Likes

Where’s the boss tho :thinking:

3 Likes

I refuse to click this until I find it for myself :triumph:

4 Likes

Dedication. I respect that a lot.

4 Likes

In the middle

3 Likes

Does this look like something @ShadowGaming would make?
I only noticed this now

3 Likes

:eyes:

3 Likes

Updates 2021-11-04

• New main menu theme
  • Rocks now have random selected appearances
  • We are now working on the desert level
  • This is now a officially a Gamougg Industries project
  • I just added a new animation for the health HUD (Heads-Up-Display). It will make the healthbar background bloody.
  • Updated lever sprite and increased animation speed

Do you want to be pinged?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

On a side note, there is technically a little bit of cartoony blood in this game, which makes it more violent than Gamougg.

3 Likes

NEW! Official Spoiler-Free Memes + bonus Gamougg meme (the last meme is a teaser for a new deadly weapon)

Bonus memes

Poggers Champions

@Ramshackle @ManiacPumpkin
(sorry if these are unimportant to you and you don’t like them. More game updates will be coming today or tomorrow.

2 Likes

• The sky being green in the desert level that I’m making right now is a reference to JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, specifically the part when the Crusaders reach Egypt. I know that Egypt is not entirely a desert.
  • I’m currently working on a sword-wielding enemy.
  • There will be NPCs, some of which are on the enemy team. These “enemy NPCs” will not attack you, but can be killed (like a Minecraft passive mob). They will have a unique helmet that distinguishes them from regular enemies and can be interrogated for information.

@Ramshackle @ManiacPumpkin
Sorry for mentioning you guys again; let me know if I should stop.

2 Likes

Highlighted update:
Added random animations for the crates! The environment can be interacted with in many ways. @nhgcr_for_the_3rd_time and I worked hard to flesh out the environment in this game a lot more. There is also a framed photo and some other objects that provide story hints.

• Cool new water effects
Updated main menu design and music

• Added the Pro Levels
  • Added music to the tutorial
Look at these references

4 Likes

…why would you tell them that there’s hidden lore in [DATA EXPUNGED]

3 Likes

Idk I just wanted them to know we are working hard on this game

2 Likes