Damage not adding up

So in my game the enemies are very bland at the moment, but sometimes a projectile will hit them, and do no damage (The collisions are still triggered).
I have another game using the same logic, and it’s flawless.

4 Likes

The enemies are dying for me.

2 Likes

Bioweapons be like:

1 Like

But does it ever NOT die, like 70% of the time they do, but every once in a while it’ll not do damage.

1 Like

It is working for me, but I’d also suggest a different system which instead of having so many different numbers lets the projectile send a negative number of damage in a message so you can have whatever damage you want.

4 Likes

That’s word :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Perfect idea, also I’m having a problem where sometimes the wave start thing will activate early. So you can start the next wave, mid-wave

3 Likes

Just make an object that constantly senses for enemies with a proximity. No enemies around? Send a message to the wave controller that it’s okay to start the next wave.

2 Likes

I have a system so that the next wave won’t be able to start until all enemies on the field are killed. Which it’s up to you to activate the next wave. This could be an idea you could work with.

4 Likes

Also, i want to point out that this will never work:

2 Likes

You need a second number after the first one with the first going into the + input. Cause else everytime an enemy takes damage he only sends out 1, instead of subtracting it from its health.

2 Likes

Or just have the message going into the +, since the message is already sending a -1 variable…

3 Likes

I’m play testing the game currently and how do you buy and place a tower? I’ve been clicking on it and I haven’t noticed it changing, unless theres a different button for it, lol.

2 Likes

This would also work with other towers that might do more damage, because then enemies don’t just have a set damage.

2 Likes

It is set to that…
Maybe a refresh problem

3 Likes

You should just click on the thing in the top right, and then click again where you want to place it.
Works for me at least.

2 Likes

I realized you have it set to left click and my ipad don’t register that, lol. It only registers tapping as a right click.

3 Likes

Ohhh, I noticed that, I’ll add a mobile friendly version :+1:

4 Likes

I’m at school right now but I changed just the tower selection things, what other objects do you NEED changed?
Nevermind, this causes issues, I’ll make an actual mobile friendly version later.

2 Likes

uhhh, the cactus doesn’t shoot in the right direction…

1 Like