Dark Alone Update log: Demo is now 2 levels!

Been updating the demo

so uh here it is

The Jump Platform:
If you collide with this platform it opens up after it opens later it closes again

New Art:
I outlined the stairs and other blocks and remade the art for the character (@Baron_Wasteland help me with art advice please)

New Music:
With the new music update yes they added evil music and this is scary themed hooray!

New Tutorial:
I added a tutorial yay now people could understand the gameplay!

A new level:
Yes 2 levels for the demo and thats it no more updates till i get indie later this month :smiley:

3 Likes

well, I can’t really “give art advice” globally for your game, cause that’s kinda vague. I can however give you tips on individual things that you want. generally, I’ll say that your game’s art has a lot of room for improvement, you might want to make the characters not the pixel art version of stickmen

this is a body type that’s easy to make, but I’ll say it straight up, it looks really bad. arms and shoulders don’t work like that, it looks weird. try to make it look a little more realistic and make your character strike up a more engaging pose.

If you would like help on specific sprites, lemme know, I’d be happy to assist (:

3 Likes

Ok thanks Baron I’ll fix that now

3 Likes

also, how the h e c c do I beat this? Try making a more complex AI system.

2 Likes

Go make it to the top

1 Like

How? Your AI is literally impossible to pass! It just floats down, making it impossible to get past them in such a constrained area.

1 Like

Press enter for flash light, im also making a tutorial the enemy stops moving and disenables when you turn on flashlight

2 Likes

i need to make sure this stays at the top more updates soon : )

1 Like

Yay! another level! I think there may be some bugs idk

1 Like