🕹️ DarkStar Studios Forum 🕹️

Carnivorous plants are a amazing idea! Thanks! I am very exited too!

1 Like

Theme

Plant Theme
I think the affect happens with the plants and vines, but also maybe adding a music that fits in with the plant theme?

Adventure Theme
You most likely already know this, but a backpack with a lot of papers, and trinkets sticking out?
Maybe add a lot of snakes, monkeys, and other animals? Maybe just in the background? I am not really sure…

Protection & Adventurer

Well, you might have this too, sorry if you do; But I think the adventurer needs something for protection? Maybe a ax, sword, club/big stick? This way he can defend himself?

Traps

I was thinking, maybe a alligator pit? Room of snakes? Deadly lions? I don’t know… I just didn’t see any of those on the list, and thought of maybe suggesting them… but you might already have these too!

Puzzles

Maybe a pattern puzzle? Guess the right pattern to get in? Or get dropped into a pit of deadly snakes?

Notes

Sorry if you have any of these!

2 Likes

Again, these are great ideas.
I’m going to head away from animals, though, because that would complicate things just due to my skill set.

As of now, I’m heading in a more ancient-technology direction, but more on that later, I promise.

As for the adventurer having weapons, he will have plenty of interesting and unique ones (some bought and others earned).

Music isn’t really my forte, but I understand it’s essential to the game, so I’ll take my time when I get to that aspect.

3 Likes

That sounds great! I agree, animals would complicate things… But I definitely love the ancient technology!

Adventurer Backstory & Ambition

I am not sure if you already have a backstory or not, but if you do not, maybe his parents had a goal to go through the temple safely? But then the died. So he made it his goal to finish his parents goal? But then he makes it through, and his parents are there and could not get out, but did not die?

3 Likes

The Lost Temple of Amerigo

A while ago, I promised to release a beta level:

Well, progress has been slow on the game, so even the tutorial is still in alpha.

One thing you will need to know: To get past the tutorial parts, just click the space bar.

4 Likes

I want to see it so bad!

1 Like

The tutorial should have a tutorial on how to close the tutorial tabs-

1 Like

Anyways, awesome art!

1 Like

It would normally have instructions that pop up with them, but it’s still in alpha and I haven’t accomplished that yet.

1 Like

You could make it so that the bullets in this part of the tutorial would only kill you if touched from the right or left so that you can stand and jump on top of them to move on in the level. If the player could pull off a dangerous trick like that, it would be really cool.

1 Like

YAASSS!!!

1 Like

@_GAMOOG I sorta fixed it, but, since the character’s shape is a capsule, it’s still a little finicky.
And, thank you, @hihilogic!

1 Like

Ya welcome,
Mr. Multitool

1 Like

The Lost Temple of Amerigo - News

After putting it off for weeks, now, I decided to finally sit down and come up with the story’s skeleton, and, I gotta say, I’m proud of what I came up with. It’s interesting, lore inviting, and has real life lessons! I’m really happy with it (and I think you will be too). Hint: The character’s driving force will be curiosity.

Full development will begin soon
As it stands now, I do not have the time or the energy for full scale development. However, summer is right around the corner, and that means an abundance of free time to accomplish this game. I’m super excited about this one!

2 Likes

This development process sure is A- mer-igo round, lol.

1 Like

Wow, that’s amazing. Thanks for pun-derstanding. It’s been a rough ride, so far.

1 Like

Hello. I don’t have any news regarding The Lost Temple of Amerigo today. I have more of a logo discussion for you all:

Simplified Design:
DarkStar Logo (s)(1)
Non-simplified Design:
DarkStar Logo (u)

Logo Design
  • Simplified Logo
  • Non-simplified Logo

0 voters

2 Likes

dOnT oVeR sImPlIfY tHe LoGo
Haha poll go brrr

2 Likes

The Lost Temple of Amerigo - News

Hello, everyone! Today, I have some exciting news regarding a seesaw, a brick, and some spikes.

The first level is done, and I’m super happy with it!
“But, DarkStar,” you might ask, “didn’t you already finish the first level ages ago?”
No, I finished the tutorial levels ages ago. I finished the actual first level just now. Of course, it’s definitely still buggy (and I’ll do a bug-run later in the development cycle) but it’s doable, and, might I add, fun. Not to mention a good start to the mystery of the game.

My hope is that level two won’t be as riddled with snags (that brick I mentioned earlier was difficult to make), but I already know it will. That said, It’ll be fun to make, regardless! Looking forward to the next one, guys!

3 Likes

Sickening my dude! :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

2 Likes