Default 2, the game literally no one asked for

Way back when I made a game called Default for @00T_Free’s twister jam. Now, I’ve decided to continue the story, with more graphics, sounds, abilities, powerups, story, and levels. I will make a devlog here, and if you want to play the original game (it is beatable, trust me), the link is below:

4 Likes

Please mark what is a kill block and what isn’t, i’m tired of dying to fake blocks, also when you walk under kill blocks in level 3 it kills you.

2 Likes

Dude, I’m pretty sure I’m over with game 1, ur gonna have to deal with that. However, I can include it in the second if u like…

2 Likes

Wow, that’s kinda funny. I just discovered this game a couple of minutes ago.

2 Likes

YES IM SO PROUD OF YOU SON.

1 Like

Hey @DinoDev , when is your next game jam? I’ve always wanted to compete in one.

2 Likes

Ok, just finished the original and I am DEFINITELY requesting a sequel. I must know where this story goes. A few comments,

1. It was difficult, but not the infuriating kind of difficult, the fun kind of difficult (ok, maybe a little infuriating).
  2. There’s no way you accidentally made this reference
    reference
  3. I’m loving the story and the concept so far and I need more.

7/10, would play again :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Meaning you beat the game? It was really hard for me to beat the game at first, and the whole trippy block really knocked me off guard because I thought it would be easier, but I beat it and boom verified it isn’t impossible.

I did in fact make that reference on purpose. I’ve been waiting for literal months for someone to point that out :upside_down_face:

Why, thank you! (✿◠‿◠)

I did, indeed, beat the game (assuming the end of the game is where they jump into the ground portal, and then the credits roll.

Yeah, that had to be the hardest part I think. Took me WAY too many tries to get past it, but I did it. The second hardest part was definitely that bit with the ice block jumps AND super speed. Not very nice, lol

Also, I forgot to mention in my mini-review, but I LOVED the design for Grazer.

I thought so! I knew there was no way you didn’t know what you were doing there.

You are quite welcome. Thank YOU for making games like this

2 Likes

Yay!

2 Likes

Nothing too huge, but you play with @grazer to fight enemies :wink:
(yeah i know the screenshot’s crap, the game’s in its early stages)

1 Like

Also, I just wanna say that I’m using literally all my examples in this game, which means no more plain dialogue!

2 Likes

What kind of dialogue is that

1 Like

My Customizable-Matic Dialogue :tm: :registered: :copyright:

1 Like

I meant the dialogue itself
that’s so weird

Hey! I was having my Monthly Twister Jams but stopped in I think May or June because I was only getting one or two participants. I’m not continuing the series unless I can be guaranteed more than 3 competitors, sorry. :frowning:

You mean the label font? Yeah, it’s a little too robust, could be better to find a simple one that fits the game, the one you’re currently using @hihilogic, isn’t very fitting.

1 Like

No I mean the sheer bizarreness of the line of dialogue.

It’s too big, the color choice is off, and I don’t know who’s talking.

1 Like