Delay Output block

Now… you might be thinking, “Bruh, but use a timer.” But there are 2 things that this block can do that the timer can’t.
1: The timer is repeatedly doing the delay take this for example. (+: always block, !: (block put in place), .: inactive, -: active
Timer: +!..-…-…-…-
Delay Output: +!..------
2: The timer only outputs 1, when I want to output the input I put into the start. While the delay output will output what was input.
Eather put this block in the game, our do these adjustments to the timer.

3 Likes

It’s really not hard to work around this, you could even make a bundle to do this like a behavior.

1. You should try using a switch to allow an always output after the timer.

2. You can set a number after the timer it can trigger

3. You can put this into a bundle to have this purpose.

2 Likes

I think I should explain why I want this block in flowlab. My brother is making this game that has pets, and he has this problem where all the pets just clump together. I was thinking it should be in a single file line. But your 1st two won’t work for it. And IDK how to do that bundle.

1 Like

I don’t understand why a switch/timer pair won’t work for this? your input goes into the switch, the timer turns the switch on after a delay. If that won’t work, then I think maybe I don’t understand what you need.

2 Likes

This might give you an idea of what I am talking about.
https://watch.screencastify.com/v/BaWDsmjY8hNYdKwv99bm

1 Like

I see what you mean, but there’s other ways to do this. There’s 2 methods that I can think of that would work for this. 1 is a breadcumbs method and 2 is a list methods.

1. The player drops an object that deletes from a timer. When it deletes, it will give out it current position. Here’s an example of this method in my Follow example: Flowlab Game Creator - Follow Example

2. Using a list method will give you the number you want after saving each position until the time you need it. Something like this would do the trick:

1 Like

@JR01 is right. If you just use a delay then the longer the delay gets, the less synchronized your pets will be.

Consider the case where the player walks around an obstacle. If you just have a delayed follow instead of some way to store the player’s path, the pets will try to walk through the obstacle and get stuck.

2 Likes

I decided to use the list method, but the pet is directly on the player. Is there anything wrong? This programming was on the pet.
https://watch.screencastify.com/v/S2EVfxkXnV4ZuMdWqV2f
(sry for the lag)

Also, I was already using the breadcumbs methods btw.

Increase the Timer, that is the delay of the Pet following the player.
The larger the Count, the longer the delay.

1 Like

Indeed, he speaks truth :upside_down_face:

1 Like