DOOM For Kids aka DOOM Game Journalist Edition (new updates 2023)

Work in progress open beta. Play the iconic game DOOM but for kids! “yay!” said the children as they ripped teared demons politely.

Check the solution below for the latest updates.

2 Likes

just finished level 1!

1 Like

I just finished level 2!

1 Like

Doom for kids, amazing

4 Likes

Thank you very much for the positive recognition!

2 Likes

Finally added a run/walk animation for the player! :smiley:

3 Likes

Updates 2021-12-10

• Added level 3
  • Imps now throw fireballs
  • updated medkit sprite to look like classic DOOM
  • added lost souls
1 Like

First new update after coming back to this game after almost 2 whole years:

I made level 4 but then switched it and level 3 around so now “Hell’s Kitchen” (yeah it’s named after the district in NYC) is level 4 and the new level 3 is simply “Mars” because I thought this wouldn’t be a complete DOOM game without going to Mars at some point.

Then I made an epic menu that looks more like a kid made it with their parents’ help instead of a kid just scribbling the background and tracing the logo with a stencil like it looked before. The menu music is all-new now too!
(logo will have more contrast soon)

That “Play” button slides onto the screen with Ease when you press Enter takes you into the game if you click on it or press Enter again. :sunglasses: :ocean: :ocean:
slide to the left, slide to the right

If you’re a kid or a parent/guardian and wondering whether this game is actually appropriate for kids or not, it is. :slightly_smiling_face: With no blood and Doomguy having a big red nose, this is the perfect Rudolph reference for the holiday season.