Doors Of The Kings

Well, I’m glad! You do seem to like it… like… a lot. -(´ ▽`)-

Capture

6 Likes

so i just found this topic and i can’t believe you’ve been working on this game for so long, it looks amazing

4 Likes

Guilty lol i do

5 Likes

So surprised people haven’t found this topic yet, It’s a great dev log

5 Likes

same

4 Likes

By performing the combo:
A←BB↖↑A↻↰↩B↔↕A↜↗BA↘↱B→A↺↓↝A↪B↙
you will be able to activate the skill:
The Devine Sword Technique of the 7th Golden Breeze Emperor’s Wrath Combination of Invisible Half-legged Spider’s Battle in the Great Crusaiding War with no tomatoes, and, uh, extra lettuce in the double-double chees-

DOTK_SWORD_WING0

Hello (。・∀・)ノ゙
I’ve been working on a few sword animations so it’ll be easier to plan out the pose-by-pose process in the latter animation. I used different references, animation styles, and other things while figuring this out.

DOTK_SWORD_WING1DOTK_SWORD_WING2
DOTK_SWORD_WING3DOTK_SWORD_WING4

7 Likes

*Divine(20 characters)

1 Like

nah, it’s “De (great) Vine”

1 Like

nah, the S is intentional, it’s supposed to be there. ( ̄︶ ̄)

2 Likes

Omg, the great vine???

1 Like

The scuffness is getting real people.

Hello, so I’m a bit early since tomorrow I’ll be doing some stuff so I won’t have time to work on DOTK.
Due to this, all I have is a really bad sketch of the body parts and what the main idea looks like.
I feel like I might have to do a bit of tweening since it’s a little fast.

DOTK_SWORD_WING0

This thing won’t be the actual scale or shape, it’s just blobs to ensure the libs are all in the right place.

The head and legs aren’t really the main focus so they weren’t given any significant motion, instead, I’m trying to focus on the movement of the arms.
The left arm holds a shield in front of the body but pulls back in when the right arm swings around the body.
Once the swing is over the left arm goes in front of the right so that while the right arm is transitioning into another pose it protects the body.

And remember when I decided to split all the limbs apart into separate objects?
If you’re not actively holding the block button then the front arm won’t raise, making you vulnerable.
Saving some time on animation with this.

sorry for the scuffed (°ー°〃)

8 Likes

Thats what i am talking about

3 Likes

So like is this the main charater or what?

2 Likes

I tried doing this for my halo fan game but just didn’t know how

2 Likes

That is an animation for the player character.
It serves more as a template for when I get to the actual animation, blocking out shapes and making silhouettes to help make each pose look more defined.
I was in a rush that day so I only really wanted to know how the arms would be moving, everything else will be done later on.
Well, to be honest, I’ll probably be redoing the animations for it since the hitbox of the attack would be really short.

That was a bit of a rant, but to answer your question in short, yep, it just doesn’t follow the proportions or shape of the player since it’s just a template for now.

Also, walking animations are a lot simpler than you think, some good reference of just getting up and walking pose by pose helps a lot. When creating the run animations for C:W I actually got a blanket and warped myself in it to help get the physics of the fabric down, although it still looks pretty bad.

4 Likes

Hello!

As a small continuation of the last update, I’ve made the animation using the proper template. This isn’t to say I still need to figure out the proper motion for the green arm, make a motion for the rest of the body, add tween frames, add end traditions, further recoil, etc. wow I have a lot left to do… (。_ 。)

DOTK_SWORD_WING0

7 Likes

I think I have the animation at a place that I like.
The particles might be a bit too much, and it could also be a bit too messy but I did want to make sure that it covered a lot of space since the hitbox for the attack is going o be a lot bigger.

DOTK_SWORD_WING0

I’ll probably leave the animations at this and work on some other things.
Maybe I’ll go back to a few old sketches, I still haven’t finished the shopkeeper sketch…

6 Likes

Bro How!!! Your animation is sooooooo smooth!

1 Like

Thanks!
If you are curious, I usually see a lot of people that ask that only use a tiny amount of frames, that specific animation uses 8 frames while the new one uses 10.
Generally, that just means adding some tweeting frames to help the motion move better.
That is if the problem is it is choppy, not really sure what you mean by “smooth”

If you mean the problem is that it’s flickering then it’s just about keeping a consistent shape as well as a reminder as to where the object is moving, it helps to grab a neon color and draw small arrows to see what direction everything is moving at.
Or you could just use an onion skin, both work.

5 Likes

Hello!
I decided to work on some of the old stuff that wasn’t finished when I went on hiatus.
So, here’s the shopkeeper, with his arms, legs, and a longer coat to boot.

Sorry if It looks strange, I was ready to go on Saturday and work on this but I got a cold that day so I’ve been reduced to a potato.

On another note, hey, 100 posts on the thread! damn it’s almost been a year since I started this… I can feel back pain setting in

Anyway, thanks to everyone who’s been following along with this dev log, now that the number of posts is hitting the triple digits it’s made me realize how long it’s been since the beginning of this. It’s cool to see all the stuff I’ve made so I thought it’d be nice to revisit the shopkeeper.

And again on the final note, thank you for just reading these posts, it’s nice to know there are people who do like the pictures I put on here and it means a lot, so thanks!

Doooooorr

10 Likes