Ducky Metroidvania Game (Devlog)

Yes, it is the duck, i might change it in the future(oh and also it’s gonna give you an optional ability)

3 Likes

Ooo looks cool!

3 Likes

Nice, can’t wait to play further

4 Likes

Looks like we’re gonna keep the original but I’ll still make the simplified version an option by toggling through 1-2

4 Likes

I like both of them, you did a really good job on it.

5 Likes

Btw a quick tip, use the Blend behavior and set it to 1 in the lights

Using no blend gives a decent light effect and it kind of looks like the sprite is just behind an orange veil. With Blend it makes the sprite look like it glows more and gives a more accurate light look. Both work, mostly a matter of preference

No Blend
Screenshot 2022-09-01 3.55.48 PM

With Blend
Screenshot 2022-09-01 3.55.56 PM

(Setting Blend to 4 gives a more in-between look)

7 Likes

Thank you (:

3 Likes

I tried it and it look wonderful thank you again (:

3 Likes

The robot is my first ever 2d built boss so I wanna know

How good, in performance and fun, is the first boss of the game?
  • Good
  • Terrible
  • Needs more work

0 voters

2 Likes

There needs to be some visual cue on you actually hitting the boss, otherwise, it’s hard to tell if you’re hitting it (this would be a nice addition to all enemies). The burst that comes from the stomp seems like it needs a little bit of work.

Also, how much life does the boss have? Some sort of indicator would be nice (Maybe every time it gets hit its health bar is shown, this works both as a visual cue and a way to see the life the boss has, just an idea).

4 Likes

As someone who died to the boss(more then once) i really dont think i should be one to say if its good or not lol i have yet to beat it XD

2 Likes

I also haven’t beaten it (haven’t tried a lot either) but I have no idea how close I was to defeating it because there is no indicator of its life (Another idea is to display the life at the top of the screen, similar to bosses in Minecraft or Hollow Knight)

2 Likes

hollow knight doesn’t display boss health, it shows you health via having the boss stagger every dozen hits to indicate that you’re dealing damage to it

1 Like

I’ve only seen ~2 videos of Hollow Knight, guess I remembered it incorrectly

2 Likes

ducky-pixilart

4 Likes

i found the one with the flowlab logo

2 Likes

Cool, there will be a lot of secrets so if you find one make sure to blur your spoiler

2 Likes

Devlog entry #3

Added

Main Menu
Moles
Mouse enemy
Sword upgrades

Bug fixes

Hitzone not facing the correct way
Boss going off screen during battle

5 Likes

Ducky easter egg in my gamougg fangame