Ducky Metroidvania Game (Devlog)

Alrighty everyone I’ve added the thing everyone’s been asking for… Save points you can sleep in nests by click the up arrow around them and leave with the down arrow.

Pings

@CodeAlpaca @PhantomWolfMoon @paisleypug @BradenS @117JOJO @Faiafokkusu @TheFlowingLabThatFlowsALab

8 Likes

Sorry for not adding a lot I’ve been seriously procrastinating.

6 Likes

omg this is great i love the idea (:

3 Likes

thanks a ton, great idea

3 Likes

ooooo thats really cool!

2 Likes

Hey @Pixel_Name1, i forgot to say this earlier, but when I was playing Ducky earlier today in class, a girl came up behind me and asked what game I was playing, because it looked fun. i told her it was Ducky on flowlab :smiley:

4 Likes

Nice to know people are discovering Ducky that aren’t part of the community. :grin:

5 Likes

Okay, I think it should be slightly roguelike, and u get 3 choices and can only choose 1, maybe a selection screen where you can choose different ducks for different playstyles, just realized that is kinda my game except with penguin :rofl:

2 Likes

yeah, like cult of the lamb

NO WaYYY, I didn’t know u were using The rise of the lich king too, its so good, what a coincidence, I swear I found it on my own

I mean the creator of the game

No, please don’t, making it a pseudo rougelike would make the game much worse

1 Like

I won’t be making it a rogue like because it is a metroidvania where your abilities are gained along the way.

4 Likes

That is cool, but you should focus on replayability

maybe you can add stats when you reach a checkpoint, kinda like the sword upgrade, but more specified

This game is far from finished and I do have plans for the future of it.

4 Likes
Symptoms of a headache.

A headache is a pain in your head or face that’s often described as a pressure that’s throbbing, constant, sharp, or dull. Headaches can differ greatly in regard to pain type, severity, location, and frequency. Headaches are a very common condition that most people will experience many times during their lives.

4 Likes

I get myopia headaches literally all the time, so just take a break a sleep

2 Likes

Metroidvanias aren’t made to he super replayable since they’re mostly built around the sense of discovery and you kinda lose that after the first playthrough

2 Likes

hey @Pixel_Name1 when will you make it so that abilities, bosses you’ve killed and upgrades save too?

3 Likes