Ducky Metroidvania Game (Devlog)

I haven’t see it in game recently, so if there is a popping up effect that would probably help

1 Like

Sketch’s for the card abilities

:slight_smile:

4 Likes

hmmm, maybe add a upgrades that have buffs but also have nerfs like:
Damage+1
Speed-1
i dunno, but maybe a shield? or a evasion chance?

I love how clean the “spikey feather” (spiky) looks, magnificent

You have a free account right? If you don’t extra cosmetics and Ducky would look awesome, or you could add animations, but that is a lotta work

IMG_20221018_190037

Got more ideas,
Stronk Feathers- More damage and more health but less speed
Dual Blade- Reflects the blade side so its not double damage but covers more area
Great Blade- More damage but slows you down, maybe if you are in the air and fall down it does more damage?

Burning Blade- Deals burn damage but less health or health depletes overtime
Focus Band- Less cool-down time for sword slashes
Crow- A buddy that flies around and pecks enemies
Duckling- If you die, the Duckling will become you with less health or stays on your shoulder and gives you cute benefits(costs very little)

Tell me what do you guys think

3 Likes

I don’t think any of these fit

not even stronk feathers?

:sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob:
NOOOOOOOOo

I’ll take inspiration from 1 but I’ll change the name

But nice drawings :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can you tell me specifics in what kind of items you want? I can make a ton of ideas

New item idea: Epic Robot Summoner
Summons an epic robot for you to pilot in battle or it will come to life and help you on its own

actually that could work! you could maybe be able to control it with the robot controlling power you get

1 Like

So should I make it so you build your own robots with the card and it costs a heart or something?

3 Likes

yea, that’s a good idea

The game needs checkpoints

1 Like

there are checkpoints, the little nests

I didn’t realize those were nests either. You can’t interact with them using WASD, only Arrow keys. Wish I had known that before I died : /
At least it’s an easy fix

1 Like

I beat the boss and died in the next room and started the game over.
I didn’t realize those grass objects were nests, but how do I set the checkpoint?

Edit: Like Recryptech said, you should make it work with W and S as well.
Also, the wall Jump is kinda scuffed.

2 Likes