Dystopian Sci-Fi Game - [UPDATES AND ANNOUNCEMENTS + EXPLOSIVES EXAMPLE]

I agree, thank you for recognizing this.

4 Likes

I’m currently writing a new story based on dystopian.
One good example, which was inspired by the maze runner and attack on titan, would be something to do with the character surrounded by a wall. Either trapped or a city that’s surrounded by a wall and they try to escape over the wall to find out the real truth of the world. Could it be in ruin? Is D.O.M. among us?

It’s kinda of a cheesy example, but I’m sure if you put a unique story behind it and a pretty good twist I’m sure it would be a pretty good story for a game.

4 Likes

Want to test my game when there are new announcements?

Want to be a tester?
  • Yes, I’d like to become a tester.
  • No, I’d not like to become a tester.

0 voters

2 Likes

Wants to be a tester for her own game…
(visible amusement)

2 Likes

Nice. Gives me a ‘Dune’ vibe …
So let’s walk without rhythem :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Tried reading dune…
Wasn’t for me. Learning the politics and slang of another planet wasn’t specifically on my agenda… :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I love Dune- it’s my inspiration :]

3 Likes

It was so I could see the votes :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I didn’t sign up because can you can imagine our project takes every available minute atm.
But I’ll keep an eye on it. Curious to see how the story develops

3 Likes

Understandable, glad you have reasoning :slight_smile:

2 Likes

10/10/21 Update

New!

• Added @rcreger’s lighting system.
  • Added @rcreger’s parallax system.
  • Created protagonist sprite.
  • Brainstormed Mechanics.

Brainstorming:

1. This game is going to be a platformer, with lots of advanced mechanics using gadgets.
    A) Grappling Hook
    B) Scanning System
    C) Binoculars
    D) Explosives

POLL!

10/10/21 Gadget Project (which should I work on first?)
  • Grappling Hook
  • Scanner (gives information before anything comes on screen)
  • Binoculars
  • Explosives

0 voters

Thank you for taking time to read today’s updates and announcements.

DISCUSSION:

Hey @TinkerSmith, just wondering if you’d like to be pinged for these updates. That applies for anyone, just let me know if you want to be pinged. I also might just create a private chat for those who want pinged, so I can create a thread about updates (I’d still post here, it’s just I wouldn’t have to ping people and not everyone would be apposed to seeing it, so I could post in both).

• Clementine
4 Likes

My vote doesn’t count, I voted so I can see the results.

3 Likes

The grappling hook and binoculars sound the most complex to make, so I would suggest getting them down first.

7 Likes

Yeah, I’ve already decided how I’ll do the binoculars. I’ve never done a grappling hook before and I’m still brainstorming how I could do it smoothly.

5 Likes

I don’t know if it’s a bug, but you jump higher when pressing down “s”

3 Likes

No need to ping, it’s on my tracking anyway :slight_smile:
So I get a notification when you update this thread

4 Likes

Got it, thanks!

2 Likes

Hey, I have no clue what you’re referring to, but if you’re having trouble with something in your game, make a post about it and link your game, we can go from there! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think they’re talking about your game

1 Like

Thank you to everyone who participated in the poll! I didn’t know if 2 hours would be enough time but it was. I’m making a rough base of a tutorial currently, so the order that you all choose are going to be when the player gets those items (AKA, the tutorial will have the grappling hook, but it will be very limited use until later in the game).

2 Likes