Sound Done Output :pray:

6 Likes

Thank you very much for that sounds and ev3rything you do

4 Likes

There is a god

4 Likes

What are the larger game size options?

2 Likes

Max Width was 32 now itā€™s 48. Max Height was 24, now itā€™s 32. I think, maybe I just never realized how long I could make the screen.

2 Likes

24 was already to tall for my computer, now we have 32? I have to zoom out with CtrlĀ± to view these giant games!

4 Likes

Itā€™s most likely for large screens like a TV, but if I set it to 43 width and the height to 25 I no longer need to pay for Full Screen.

2 Likes

@grazer what does ā€œFrames Remainingā€ mean? It still comes up on my sprite editor.

3 Likes

ā€œFrames Remainingā€ are the number of frames that particular sprite has left. There is a limit to how much memory each sprite is allowed to consume. The smaller the sprite, the more animation frames are available. The larger the sprite, the fewer frames are available.

4 Likes

All users, regardless of whether or not they have a paid subscription, have frame limit on all their animations. Idk why maybe itā€™s a technical reason.

5 Likes

I doubt anyone is gonna reach 300 some frames of animation though, lol.

I feel it would be much easier to have multiple animations than a larger one.

3 Likes

The technical reason is that large images take up a lot of memory. Every time a new animation frame is added, that makes your objectā€™s sprite sheet a little larger.

We have to keep tabs on how much memory we are using so that we donā€™t accidentally reduce the gameā€™s performance or in the worst case overflow the browsers memory limit and prevent the game from running (this is particularly a problem on mobile devices)

I doubt anyone is gonna reach 300 some frames of animation though, lol.

I think you would be surprised :smiley:

The previous editor had no limits, and this caused problems for people that attempted to make very large animations by either having too many frames, or animating very large (full screen) sprites that would quickly grow to unmanageable sizes.

The sprite editor didnā€™t provide any warning or guidance, so I added the frame limit to try and help keep sprite memory usage under a reasonable level.

Itā€™s possible that the limits are not yet dialed in to where they should be. Iā€™m not sure since this is the first time a limit has been added. It may make sense to modify the limits as time goes on so that things are not too restrictive.

My goal is to find a balance between being so restrictive that it makes creating animations a pain, and being so loose that people unknowingly create massive performance problems for their games.

6 Likes

Iā€™m at -10 frames remainingā€¦

1 Like

Is this from animations created in the old editor, without a limit?

1 Like

I made the animation yesterday or the day before, but the game was made before the update

1 Like

Hrm, I suppose another way to go over the limit would be to animate it first and then make the sprite larger. Did that happen you think?

3 Likes

I animated the sprite when it was large, so Iā€™m not sure what happened. I have another sprite in the game like this as well, itā€™s at -76 frames remaining.

1 Like

lol, ok.

Can you DM me a link to the game if itā€™s private - either here or Discord? Iā€™ll take a look and see if I can figure out whatā€™s going on.

2 Likes

check this out Maniac pumpkin,read this!

@DWGAMEMASTER - please make a new topic instead of hijacking existing threads :+1:

3 Likes