Editor update - bug fixes and a new behavior block šŸ“¢ [Re-Updated]

I just deployed a new update that contains mostly bugfixes and a couple of updates.

Bug Fixes

• Fix issue (again) with sounds not playing in Chrome version 92
  • Fix sound playback on iOS safari
  • Dropdown scrollbar close is less aggressive
  • Text area auto-scroll when typing
  • Emitter angle reset fix
  • Random behavior block reset fix
  • Particle inheritance reset fix

Updates

• New behavior block: ā€˜Object Valueā€™
  • Fullscreen workaround for browsers without it (iOS Safari)
  • Next Level behavior black has been renamed to Load Level
  • Extractor block can now extract object names

Please let me know if you see any issues with the update.

Thanks!

20 Likes

Iā€™ll update my tutorial project soon then :slight_smile:

Thanks for the update, I love the new behavior!

4 Likes

Yet another great update, grazer! Like the scrollbars, SO much better!

5 Likes

:0 I like these especially, thatā€™s definitely a more fitting name, and that extractor update will be a huge time saver.

3 Likes

Today the extractor block hasnā€™t been editable - any chance it could have been messed up in the update? Iā€™m trying to extract other x.

Also, there isnā€™t any documentation yet for ā€˜object valueā€™ - this might be a known issue but for now Iā€™m not sure how to use it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Extractors has to have name and type when extracting other objects. If it still resets, then change the ā€œnameā€ of the object your trying to extract.

Object value is to store a value for that specific object. This value could even be different between clones.
For example, you have a set of clones with an object value called ā€œHealthā€. Updating this value will be separate with each other, so one clone can have ā€œHealthā€ of 100 and another with 50. Another thing is that the value can be used anywhere within itself, kinda how you get a value from a save block.

2 Likes

@JR01 Thank you! The problem with the extractor is actually that when you click to edit, it pops up a black box in the upper left corner and selects the extractor box to move it instead of letting you change things.

2 Likes

Weird, Iā€™ve never seen that.

Does it do this every time?
Try moving it around or add a new extractor block, does it still do this?

1 Like

Yes, itā€™s so odd. Other extractor blocks are working fine but whenever I add a new one in that position in the flow the issue persists. (I also canā€™t delete the broken ones since I canā€™t open their editors).

1 Like

Do you mind leaving a link or DM me the link?

1 Like

This behavior actually looks like the editor is throwing an error instead of displaying the settings panel. Are there any errors shown in your browser console?

2 Likes

Yes!

Flowlab.js?v=177:150879 
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'toString' of null
    at ui_nodeproperties_ExtractorProperties.populate (Flowlab.js?v=177:182202)
    at ui_nodeproperties_ExtractorProperties.ui_nodeproperties_PropertyLayout [as __class__] (Flowlab.js?v=177:181124)
    at new ui_nodeproperties_ExtractorProperties (Flowlab.js?v=177:182173)
    at logic_properties_Extractor.getPropertyUI (Flowlab.js?v=177:66844)
    at ui_NodeProperties.populate (Flowlab.js?v=177:176784)
    at Function.ui_Workbench.toggleProps (Flowlab.js?v=177:179770)
    at logic_properties_Extractor.onMouseUp (Flowlab.js?v=177:55630)
    at openfl_events__$EventDispatcher_Listener.f [as callback] (Flowlab.js?v=177:275634)
    at openfl_display_Stage.__dispatchEvent (Flowlab.js?v=177:1085)
    at openfl_display_Stage.__dispatch (Flowlab.js?v=177:2022)

Also, itā€™s happening across multiple computers and types of browsers.

2 Likes

Ok, so this morning I tried again just replacing it with a new block with the same selections and it worked! Not sure what was happening before but it might be fixed now?
EDIT: Never mind, still happening

2 Likes

Editor Update Update:

I have just deployed an update to the update, in order to fix some reported issues:

• Looping was not working correctly (fixed)
  • @abrenon reported a crash (fixed)
  • Audio previews were failing in the behavior editor after a period of time (fixed)
  • Object Value documentation missing Flowlab User Guide

Unrelated to this update, but changed nonetheless: Tweaked the behavior handbook menu layout to make navigation easier.

9 Likes

Thank you very much!

4 Likes