Eldabyss 2 - Updates and Announcements Forum

No, I mean it’s GREY AND MECHANICAL :sob:

2 Likes
counterpoint

1 Like

TSOA 2 has a brand new Game Jolt page. This is the first place where demos will be posted + where the first full versions for early access will be sold.

https://gamejolt.com/games/outerheaven/806985

I’ll be releasing a new downloadable demo for PC soon, so watch over the Game Jolt page.

5 Likes

New walking animation. Look at him go

4 Likes
3 Likes

so juicy :heart:

3 Likes

A new weapon: The reqblade

4 Likes

Oh yeah I made it blue because I used your small 16x16 pixel sprite as a reference because you hadn’t made the big drawing yet.

3 Likes

Hey everybody,

TSOA 2 - Part 1 is now complete, if you didn’t already know. This includes the prelude - that being Earth, and the first three rings - Limbo, Lus*t (there’s a filtering against this, I just need to name it somehow), and Gluttony. My question from here though - do we list the game on storefronts now (GameJolt, Itch, Steam, etc) or do we wait and make more progress? TSOA 2 is expected to have a couple hundred levels by the time it’s done, and we’re only about 20-or-so in.

8 Likes

Figure out how many hundreds first.

4 Likes

10x5 = 50 base “underworld” levels
“few hundreds” = literally anything else

3 Likes

Heads up - the game name is being changed to Eldabyss. The original names will be kept in parentheses for a bit to give clarity, and TSOA X won’t be changing because that’s it’s more popular name.
Nothing else is changing, just the name.

4 Likes

Oh goodness. This forum is dead :frowning:.
Y’all got any questions regarding the game? Eldabyss/TSOA 2 or Eldabyss/TSOA X alike, I don’t mind.
We need something to revive it, so what’s up?

3 Likes

I was mentioned about your game a while ago and since I’m interested in the story aspect of games, I was wanting to know if I could have a summary.

1 Like

Sure. Also I’m curious - where were you mentioned?

I’ll use the same summary I gave to DWGAMEMASTER:

It takes place in 3050, after humanity has gone extinct. They have been replaced by a large colony of sentient robots, who have started wars, created divisions, brought the earth down to its base and rebuilt from the scraps, and more. In the first game, our main protagonist is faced against ending a universe wide corruption before his species is overtaken by it.
In the second game, our main protagonist is faced with clearing the entirety of the underworld before it overtakes Earth.

3 Likes

…Also, after Eldabyss 2 is done, what do you guys say to a Eldabyss/TSOA X remake?

I say no because it doesn’t seem necessary as long as the original game is playable still from start to finish. Gamougg only needs remakes because the story isn’t placed in the game, and because they’re just bad. TSOA X is still a solid game.

Could be MUCH better in many ways though, so that’s why I’m suggesting a remake

1 Like

Do a heavily announced update then. If you want to grow as a developer or go further with the series, I’d say that remaking the first game instead of making a third one would be redundant, perhaps even reductive. The original game [TSOA X] doesn’t seem that much worse than TSOA 2 to me, and could even be considered featured game quality.

In the end however, the decision is up to you.

1 Like

remaking the first game instead of making a third one

It will just delay the third one if I go through with it.

3 Likes