Encryption for exported games

(I wasn’t able to find a topic like this)

It’s not funny to have people checking out the contents of your game. Maybe add some sort of obfuscator so it’s just gibberish to humans.

If the developer guy needs any help, I can because I know Java and exported games seems to be using Javas JFrame.

5 Likes

We should have a thing that doesn’t allow people to edit, also. I totally agree with you.

2 Likes

Hey @Svennne, exported games do not include the editor right now. Is that what you mean?

3 Likes

I think what he means is that all of the files like your art is able to be found fairly easily in the data folder so people can steal your art\music
@grazer

4 Likes

Just like edwardi said. It would be good to have some sort of protection against that type of things. I don’t want people modifying my game and stuff.

3 Likes

You can literally open the bin folder and find all sprites, sound and much more.

3 Likes

I also agree. It’s really too easy.

2 Likes

Indeed, it makes sense. Nice feature request.

3 Likes

what about the edit game button,that’s a problem too

1 Like

I also agree @LMTPE , but one is a cheating issue for singleplayer and one is a hacking heaven. This takes priority.

2 Likes

@meburningslime,you are correct.But the editor also has the same problem in the quote above.
Using advantage of the “Saving Is Locked” thing,you can modify a game.
However when you play it again your modifications will be gone.
So the editor doesn’t just have it’s own problems,it shares problems with the files.
By the way,I’m not attacking you.

The edit game button also has this problem.

3 Likes