Epic new update for flowlab.io

I think an epic big improvement to Flowlab.io would to be able to download create and upload plugins from a library.

First of all plugins could maybe be a customizer for more easy to use spites like the default and the tutorial or maybe a behavior helper that would auto create small functions for you game.

This would be exactly the same as the game creator but much different behaviors and set up.

There would definitely be requirements for people publishing a plugin like being known in the community and having certain plugin developer badges as well as ones you could earn from making a plugin. and on top of this so people do not do pranks and break Flowlab.io or your games moderators would have to view the plugin before it would published.

Let me know if you would like this idea, not like the idea, or change it up a bit. if you select the change it up a bit then make sure to tell me what you would change or add to this plugins idea

• Love the idea
  • Hate the idea
  • Change the idea

0 voters

1 Like

tbh idk whats going on xD

2 Likes

The whole “being known” thing will probably make some people very mad, how about instead you have to have used flowlab for a month or something.

1 Like

maybe more time using flowlab

1 Like

Well what i mean by that is you have to have a higher trust level to make sure your not a troller

Again the requirements made here are just options an ideas for @grazer if he adds this

1 Like

@AB_Games @JR_01 And @Lyndon_Bork what would you change about the idea

1 Like

true. (must be 20 characters)

1 Like

Plugins could be useful, especially if we can give other people behavior bundles that have complicated things in them, or make custom behaviors or improvements to existing behaviors. @grazer might have a hard time making plugins work though.

1 Like

We already have people like Jr and Pizza making behavior bundles for people to use, which I feel like is similar enough to what you were suggesting for plugins. We also dont want to burden grazer with adding new systems to regulate the plugins.

1 Like

I was thinking of just having “Sprite Packs”, kind of like Skin Packs from other games. This would allow some users to have a wider library of sprites to use, some even being their own, some being from other users who decide to put their sprites up publicly. Having plugin behaviors could include more creativity, but we already have bundles and I think that’s enough for now.

1 Like

The plugins would customize your game editor like have custom functions you can use

1 Like

@GrimProductionZ, I like the idea. Like adding a code plugin or shader plugin.

1 Like

I believe sprite packs are a thing, and I think @PixelPizza made one

2 Likes

A “plugin” isnt a bad idea, but I don’t think its correctly used here.

A plugin is made from an outside source that integrates with the software. Like changing the flow program to script, or changing how the editor/site looks, or maybe changing “My games” to have folders. Its best to think of plugins like google chrome extensions or mods in a game.

Most of whats mentioned above can be used by copy/paste code or objects for easier access like the behavior bundles we make. And importing sprite “packs” would be nice, but could be requested when Grazer remakes the sprite editor after the next update. Same with importing objects.

1 Like

I’m saying you can create a plugin using Flowlab.io like behaviors to make it. And adding sprites to your browse slot can’t be done at all

1 Like

Hey @GrimProductionZ, I’m not 100% sure I understand - but are you saying that the idea would be like behavior bundles, but they would have sprites tied to them as well? As in you could export / import complete library items with sprites, behaviors, and settings?

2 Likes

Yes very similar but how it would work is there would be a completely separate editor to make the plugins using new behaviors to make it work and you would have a different library similar to the sprite editor but you can edit all of them that are uploaded which you can use that from the plugins in your game editor to have the sprites preloaded in the browse section that’s in the sprite editor. Plus maybe you could be able to create and replace the current GUI that’s in the game editor with you own to make it feel cool. And it would also be able to customize your game editor by adding new settings or even creating your own behaviors. Plus of course with a library that have all of the plugins the people created and you could upload them in your game editor

Maybe free accounts can use the plugins that are made but may not not create their own. Which the plugin creation would be a paid feature. Also free accounts would have a limit to how many plugins they can use.

1 Like

@GrimProductionZ, I like the idea but it will cost thousands of dollars to add a plugin tool in flowlab.io and flowlab has a very small income. And you need an entire team of engineers and developers to do that.

1 Like

@GrimProductionZ, Let’s focus on the things we can do. Like small features but overtime if more people are paying for paid accounts and grazer is making more than a thousand a year like three thousand maybe this feature could be added.

1 Like

My request would be a color palet swap, what i mean is you choose any color and it will color the sprite in those shades rather than using the color change behavior

1 Like